PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Lucas mill that can help??

Chainsaw newbie
20th November 2013, 12:57 PM
Hi, I am a new chainsaw owner with lots of fresh cut logs I'd like to either carve, or cut into slabs. Is there anyone out there that can help me out with a Lucas mill? It seems most people with these mills are too busy right now...I am happy to pay for the cutting of slabs so please let me know. The logs are about 8 minutes drive from Batemans Bay on the south coast, NSW. They are stringy bark and black butt, with a few spotted gums (cut earlier). Much appreciated. Nina

Trav
20th November 2013, 02:00 PM
Welcome chainsaw newbie.

Sorry I can't help you with a Lucas mill, though I know there are a few places around there that sell slabs. If I recall correctly, theres someone in moruya that sells stabbed furniture on the side of the road (Southern end) and there's a sign for slabs somewhere between batemans and moruya.

Perhaps one of these people may be able to help

Good luck

Trav

Chainsaw newbie
20th November 2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks Trav. I did get a couple of names in the Moruya area but they are too busy to ring...I may take a drive and look out for the signs you mentioned. Nina

old1955
20th November 2013, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum Nina.

crowie
21st November 2013, 08:24 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Nina".
There are quite a few members from Canberra & across New South Wales..
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers, crowie

Sorry I can't help on the mill question but may I suggest you ask the same question in a few other section of the forum, especially the timber mill section....good luck!

JJF
21st November 2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome aboard Nina.

Christos
22nd November 2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the forum.