PDA

View Full Version : the chameleon has arrived

mkypenturner
20th November 2013, 07:03 PM
been a little while since posting anything here
but having trying out this stuff i just had to show it off as its
really different and yes it does change colour from blue to purple just like the paintwork on some cars you may see driving around
the stuff i got comes in a aerosol can but the scary thing is that its $30 bucks a can
the timber is jacaranda with the lid from jim at carrols
i have got so many ideas on what else i can use this for but time can run faster than i can :(

Christos
21st November 2013, 11:03 AM
Does any of the grain show through the paint?

Treecycle
21st November 2013, 12:56 PM
They certainly add a bit of art to the fun of turning them. Do you have to put on a base coat first and then the colour?
I didn't know you could get these paints in a spray can. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from?

mkypenturner
21st November 2013, 04:57 PM
Does any of the grain show through the paint?
no its a solid colour finish

They certainly add a bit of art to the fun of turning them. Do you have to put on a base coat first and then the colour?
I didn't know you could get these paints in a spray can. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from?
yes its even marked on front of can to use black first , its a rustolem product

Treecycle
21st November 2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info Troy. I have checked out retailers of the product and we have a local one here. Might have to give them a try for something different.

mkypenturner
22nd November 2013, 06:47 PM
i have so many ideas on using this stuff but will have to wait as xmas comin up and the damn heat up here it will have to wait till early next year