PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Ya'll from a Newbee in Texas

RonP5233
28th November 2013, 09:30 AM
Howdy Ya'll. I'm trying to build a corner base cabinet (triangle shape) for the bathroom. The only ideas I can find make use of doors and I'd like to include a drawer just above the doors. How do I make a trangle shaped drawer that can be pulled out only about 2 thirds of the way and still stay flat and not sag down. I thinking of using a bottom ball bearing slide with something like a trolley on the top of the rear of the drawer. Also what kind of joinery to use to hold the hold drawer together.

I glad to be with you folks and getting new ideas (for me). Inventory of tools: Table saw, Radial Arm saw, Compound mider chop saw, Disk and belt sander, a couple routers (bin and small), Biscuit cutter, bench to drill pressand a bunch of the usual hammers, files, knives, clamps, drills and nailers.

The weather today 11/27/13 = 37 this morning and 40 at 4 pm. What is like in Australia? :2tsup:

crowie
28th November 2013, 01:23 PM
G'Day & Welcome "to the Great South Land" & to a top forum "Ron".
There are quite a few members from Texas & the USA on the forum as well as across the rest of the world..
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

PS - Fine & Hot as its Summer "downunder" with Sydney CBD in the mid 90's, the western suburbs of Sydney almost 99 & low to mid 90's on the Lower Blue Mountains....
I saw that Texas had snow a week back.....that's not common.... Happy Thanks Giving....

tdrumnut
28th November 2013, 08:41 PM
Howdy and welcome aboard Ron, may your journey with us be a pleasant one. It was 37 degrees here today as well but thats celcius so a bit hooter than where you are.

old1955
29th November 2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Timless Timber
30th November 2013, 12:54 AM
Warm Welcome to the Texican.

"A Texans idea of "Arms Control" ..... is being able to hit the bulls eye 9 outta 10, with your colt .45 peacemaker!". -Gee Dubya Bush!

"God created all men equal; Samuel E Colt, made some men more equal than others!" -John Wayne!

Triangular drawer eh? :?

This will be interesting... :wink:

Here y'all - hold my beer and watch this, I'll show ya how it's done! :D

Welcome Aboard...

Weather???

Well..... to be honest, I'm a little worried about the cloud cover........... there isn't any, .........since 1832. :U

The "downunder texas"... (Wild West Oz).:;

Ohh and the triangular drawer? If it were me I wouldn't use drawer runners etc I'd hinge it from one corner and have it pivot out! :2tsup:

JJF
30th November 2013, 03:24 AM
welcome to the forum

Christos
10th December 2013, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.