PDA

View Full Version : Wooden rowing sculls - Free to good home(s) BUT be QUICK!

Gandalph
29th November 2013, 12:09 PM
A school in Canberra has decided to get rid of all of it's wooden hulled rowing sculls, There are several fours, doubles and singles. ALL are free on a "first come first served" basis. These beautiful old wooden hulls show appropriate signs of wear, tear, care, repair and maintenance and are available: As is - Where is.

However, There is a catch. They need to be GONE before the start of the new school year. If they are not taken they will be broken up and scrapped. That would seem to be a great pity given the beautiful workmanship that has gone into their manufacture.

If you're interested, or you know someone who might be interested, please call me or email me ASAP. I can provide some photos if required.

cstarkey@iinetDOTnetDOTau or 0403484351

Sumbloak
29th November 2013, 01:21 PM
Hell, somebody grab these. I'd take them myself if I was closer, just to see them saved.

Start of next school year in ACT is beginning of February, right?

Tolmie
19th June 2014, 03:12 PM
A school in Canberra has decided to get rid of all of it's wooden hulled rowing sculls, There are several fours, doubles and singles. ALL are free on a "first come first served" basis. These beautiful old wooden hulls show appropriate signs of wear, tear, care, repair and maintenance and are available: As is - Where is.

However, There is a catch. They need to be GONE before the start of the new school year. If they are not taken they will be broken up and scrapped. That would seem to be a great pity given the beautiful workmanship that has gone into their manufacture.

If you're interested, or you know someone who might be interested, please call me or email me ASAP. I can provide some photos if required.

cstarkey@iinetDOTnetDOTau or 0403484351

Hi

Have they gone???