PDA

View Full Version : Great Neighbour

gdf26562
1st December 2013, 03:25 PM
Having not long moved into my house to begin a full renovation, I got to know my neighbour who is now retired. On getting to know him I got to look in his shed, he has all the metal machinery you can think of. I invited him over to my shed and showed him my wood working tools.

I spoke to him about an extension for my Jet Lathe to turn larger items, he offered to make one for me, that was a month or two ago, today he delivered the outboard turner(?) I was very impressed, he told me he had been down to Hare and Forbes in Sydney and looked at a few designs and came up with the extension I have today. luckily there were 4 bolt holes on the end.

So I immediately set it up and had a go at turning a large burl which is out of balance, I can only have the revs at about 180rpm, perhaps some heavy weights on the frame might allow for a little more speed, but I had a go and found the extension worked a treat.

I offered to pay, but he said 'Merry Xmas'

A happy chappy I am

shedbound
1st December 2013, 03:27 PM
Top bloke:2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
1st December 2013, 04:18 PM
Now thats what country living is all about. :2tsup:

turnerted
1st December 2013, 04:22 PM
Should be some nice bowls being passed over the fence.
Ted

DaveTTC
1st December 2013, 04:22 PM
Congratulations. Nice outrigger indeed

Dave

The Turning Cowboy

corbs
1st December 2013, 05:06 PM
Love a good neighbour story rather than the alternative :2tsup:

Simplicity
1st December 2013, 05:33 PM
What a top guy
Have you showed the forum ?

smiife
1st December 2013, 06:42 PM
looking good,nice neighbor:2tsup:
all you have to do is paint it white
cheers smiife:2tsup:

DSEL74
1st December 2013, 07:06 PM
That is terrific. Maybe you can give him the first turing from the extension as a thank you.

Christos
1st December 2013, 07:55 PM
What a great story.

Now is he a member of the forum?

chuck1
1st December 2013, 08:58 PM
it's great to have such nice people in the world! our neighbors are great like this as well! always willing to help!

gdf26562
2nd December 2013, 07:24 PM
Yes guys he is a good neighbour and will be rewarded. I dont think he is on this site, however I told him I would be posting a pic of his handywork

Cheers

Sawdust Maker
3rd December 2013, 07:38 AM
Great neighbour