PDA

View Full Version : The One Way Bowl Corer

brendan stemp
2nd December 2013, 09:04 AM
This is a very cool looking bowl corer demonstrated by Glen Lucas. I particularly like the tool rest design.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=116097955082004

tea lady
2nd December 2013, 09:55 AM
That's neat isn't it. I like how the tool post slots down where the cutter is going. Supports the cutter much better than other systems. :pi:

So where do we get one? Group buy? :D

ve7twg
2nd December 2013, 10:09 AM
Hi Everyone

Wait until you see the new Woodcut bowl saver Max it is the best one I have ever used. You should see it in the market very shortly.295632

nz_carver
2nd December 2013, 10:33 AM
It's a monster I was talking to Glenn not long ago
he was was saying he did one or two mods to his.

It might be safe to say that it's not for all lathes given that the clips I seen Glenn had it on a vl300.

I did look at the price of it it's high and add shipping.
but if you do a large amount of bowls it maybe $ well sent.

It looks a bit safer then some of the others but that might just be me.

brendan stemp
2nd December 2013, 12:21 PM
Hi Everyone

Wait until you see the new Woodcut bowl saver Max it is the best one I have ever used. You should see it in the market very shortly.295632

Mmmmmm, very interesting. I heard this was on its way but didn't realise some already had it. So I'm wondering who posted this from Canada????

dai sensei
2nd December 2013, 01:52 PM
That's neat isn't it. I like how the tool post slots down where the cutter is going. Supports the cutter much better than other systems.

:wss:

I have the current Woodfcut which I love, but it is a bit of a worry when you are doing Ausy hardwoods and the cutter is tending to deflect, so you must go very slowly and carefully.

brendan stemp
2nd December 2013, 02:00 PM
:wss:

I have the current Woodfast which I love, but it is a bit of a worry when you are doing Ausy hardwoods and the cutter is tending to deflect, so you must go very slowly and carefully.

Woodfast or Woodcut??

robo hippy
7th December 2013, 09:54 AM
The Woodcut has been under development for a couple of years. I haven't heard about prices yet, but I doubt it will be more than the Oneway. The original Woodcut is a nice little system, but does tend to chatter a bit when you are coring harder timbers. Of the bit 3 that are out there, I prefer the McNaughton or Kelton as he now calls it. It has a learning curve, but is much more versatile, and is faster to set up and use.

robo hippy

dai sensei
7th December 2013, 03:25 PM
Yes Woodcut, sorry, corrected.