PDA

View Full Version : Jet Midi Lathe

Coldamus
2nd June 2005, 03:22 PM
This is a question concerning the Jet variable-speed midi lathe.

Some customer reviews on Amazon indicate that the speed range of the variable speed model is still selected by moving the drive belt to different pulleys just as with the standard model but that the electronics provide a degree of variation within each range. Others make no mention of this.

Could anyone who has bought one recently please advise whether it has full range electronically variable speed control?

regards
Coldamus

Babytoolman
2nd June 2005, 06:29 PM
Hi,
The Midi s an electronic variable speed and you do have to move the belt to access the different speed ratio's. I have had mine for 4 months now it is is one of the best investments i have made.

Roger

Coldamus
2nd June 2005, 08:19 PM
you do have to move the belt to access the different speed ratio's. I have had mine for 4 months now it is is one of the best investments i have made.

Thanks. I wasn't confident about getting a straight answer from a salesperson.

regards
Coldamus

La truciolara
6th June 2005, 04:46 AM
Coldamus<O:p</O:p

as said by babytoolman you change the speed ratio by moving the belt, but you change the tork too. So if you put your belt on the fastest speed and you have a heavy and large piece of wood, if you turn slowly thanks to your electronic variable speed device, you might not have enough tork.<O:p></O:p>