PDA

View Full Version : How dumb can one man be

Ashore
2nd June 2005, 10:29 PM
This guy was trying to catch a snake for a fish tank at his local pub
A King Brown was bitten 9 times and lost his arm

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=9322&stc=1

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

gatiep
2nd June 2005, 10:41 PM
Quote " Mr Lyons said he began vomiting and suffering diarrhoea 'about three seconds' later"

The diarrhoea was probably from fright, not the venom !

Mr "Lions" can be glad he was bitten by a snake and not by a family member.

I'm sure this incident qualifies him for the anual "Darwin Awards"!

Caliban
2nd June 2005, 10:41 PM
They could use this one for that beer ad for carlton stirling, you know the beer lover's light beer. Where they do everything with a beer in one hand. Talk about Dutch courage, and he was driving at the time.
I can see a lot of "blow in the bag " jokes coming from this one.

Harry72
2nd June 2005, 10:44 PM
A bright spark indeed.

craigb
2nd June 2005, 10:51 PM
I guess I could make glib remarks about Darwin Awards.

Still, to lose your arm just 'cause you're an idiot?

All I can really think is "poor bstrad"

Caliban
2nd June 2005, 10:55 PM
All I can really think is "poor bstrad"
Craig have you been following his lead? Or is bstrad just an avoidance of the nice word police? :D :D

craigb
2nd June 2005, 11:03 PM
Or is bstrad just an avoidance of the nice word police? :D :D

Yep. hasn't entered it into the filth-o-meter yet :D

Landseka
2nd June 2005, 11:36 PM
A King Brown was bitten 9 times and lost his arm

Where is the article about the 'armless snake?

:rolleyes:

Neil.

RETIRED
2nd June 2005, 11:36 PM
Bastard is acceptable unless insulting another board member. :D

RETIRED
2nd June 2005, 11:38 PM
He will probab;y sue The Wildlife Service now and WIN. :mad:

oges
3rd June 2005, 10:32 AM
maybe he should have used one of those beer can holder hats to hold his beer, that way he wwould have two free hands :rolleyes:

Iain
3rd June 2005, 12:30 PM
The way I see it he fails for an honourable mention with the Darwin Awards as he failed to take the pledge 'Hold my beer, watch this'
It clearly states that he grabbed it with his left hand as he had his beer in the right, and why the hell would he stick his hand in the bag afterwards?

meerkat
3rd June 2005, 12:52 PM
Every time I think I've seen it all another idiot raises their head.

The one thing that astounds me is that for such an "intelligent" species we still breed these people.

Iain
3rd June 2005, 12:58 PM
we still breed these people.
Please include me out of that statement :p

DavidG
3rd June 2005, 03:11 PM
That story is from 1999.
Get some new ones please.

Wood Borer
3rd June 2005, 03:14 PM
I have a great respect for snakes and I admire them.

For many reasons they are feared animals and when one of them defends themselves with fatal or near fatal results, the incident becomes headlines.

If other animals kill or cause harm to humans there is far less fuss. For example, mosquitoes kill more people per year than snakes, sharks and spiders put together. Generally we view mosquitoes as a nuisance rather than killers.

Car drivers have killed heaps of people. It would be surprising to find someone who has not lost a friend or a relative to a car accident. Snakes kill less people than car drivers in Australia.

To argue that snakes should treated with care or be killed because they are dangerous is a fair argument.

Using the same argument, car drivers (having killed and injured more people than snakes) should be treated with more care than snakes. What about killing car drivers? They have more chance of killing someone than a snake has of killing someone however most people (apart from Julian Knight) feel that the random killing car drivers is not a good idea. Even if they are more dangerous, we don’t condone killing car drivers.

People fear snakes for reasons they can’t explain but take every opportunity to highlight any negative behavior of snakes.

Would the idiot in the newspaper article have received any attention if his arm had been amputated due to an industrial accident, car accident etc. I suggest the only coverage he would have received would be in the death notices if the incident had been fatal.

Nature has a way of dealing with individuals who should not propagate and in this case, human intervention prevented nature from doing the rest of us a favour.

I wonder what happened to the poor snake.

flea1607
3rd June 2005, 03:19 PM
Probably got alcholic poisioning and died.:(

zathras
4th June 2005, 10:25 AM
Look at the bright side, he can still hold his beer in the right hand :D

And the logical extension of that is he can never get bitten on the arm by a snake ever again :D

spudddud
23rd June 2005, 07:08 AM
well really in order to be in the darwin awards they have to die too. I know his heart stopped 3 times but I think he needs to be dead dead.

Iain
23rd June 2005, 09:28 AM
in order to be in the darwin awards they have to die too.
They have Honourable Mentions and Personal Accounts for the near misses, anyway this bloke may have another go yet, he seems the right material.

Simomatra
23rd June 2005, 09:52 AM
Well at least he has the honour to skite about at the local that he was sickest person to survive after a snake bite.

Should keep him in amber stuff up north in the frontier.

routermaniac
23rd June 2005, 04:18 PM
I agree with what woodborer has said... unfortunately nature often takes a while to clean up the gene pool...

When I was an intern working in emergency I was frequently amazed at the stupid things people got up to. This guy was no exception I guess...

Hans3469
25th September 2005, 03:26 AM
Wow,makes every dumb thing ive everdone,look like nothing,ha ha.
Shows just how stupid a person can get.

Caliban
25th September 2005, 09:35 AM
WB
He (she) probably died of alcohol poisoning. :D
Or caught d1ckhead syndrome.

biotechy2k
27th September 2005, 01:29 PM
well as I have survived a brown snake bite (Thanks to the local vet of all people)

It was my own stupid fault for walking down to the creek without my boots on
to fill up the Billy a
little juvenile brown got me on the foot, thankfully my trusty steed called Rocket at the time got me from the back paddock to the boss's place in record time and the vet was only 10 mins away, I ended up buying that horse
for a carton of VB but that's another story
but I was in hosp for 2 months and sick as a dog but as for going to pick a snake up you would have to be a bloody Ijdit

and I had first aid knowledge and used 2 torniquets on the left leg mind you when I got to the bosses place I can't remember saying this but he quotes
"She fell off the horse at my feet wearning nothing but a flanney shirt and a pair of knickers and said" You'd better shot me boss I've been bitten by a brown snake" LOLOL

I also apparently told the vet if he'd got out here is record time he must be driving like a maniac and he'd better let me drive or else LOLOL

And he thought Chrissy had come early (called me Lady Bloody Godiva after that)
Needless to say I got a two week paid holiday from Breaking in the horses and fence building and still have no feeling or pain response on the left side of my left foot. LOLOL
But thanks to a savy vet and a dam good horse I wouldn't be here today
cheers Biotechy