finished post tops
thanks for looking! :)

artme
22nd December 2013, 10:23 PM
Wot?? Only three, hardly worth starting the lathe!!:D

Very well done!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Roger C
23rd December 2013, 04:31 AM
When I saw the pine I would have sworn you were in South Africa because that is exactly how our pine looks well done Regards Roger

chuck1
23rd December 2013, 09:00 AM
there was 4 left one in the lathe! oops!
it's NZ pine turns ok! I love it when the packs come in at work, scored more cherry beech gluts and it turn real nice!

Hermit
23rd December 2013, 12:08 PM
You make it look too easy, Charlie.
Repeating a form is what I have the most trouble with. Thanks for posting the pics of your method.

chuck1
26th December 2013, 09:20 AM
You make it look too easy, Charlie.
Repeating a form is what I have the most trouble with. Thanks for posting the pics of your method.

there is other things I do to while turning to get them the same and I've had a hell of alot of pratice not as much as !
I'll give you a ring when I'm off and you can come and play!

Hermit
26th December 2013, 10:36 AM
Sounds good to me, Charlie, I'd like that. I need to learn to make multiple identical items, for wheel sets etc for my scale models.
I haven't been able to do any gouge or skew practice for a bit - still waiting on my grinder from Carbatec, so I've only been using the Turnmaster and a parting tool. (So much for Carbatec's 10-15 days.)
I've learned to re-sharpen the carbide tips well now - better than out of the box even. Just finishing a little lidded box at the moment.
Take care and enjoy the rest of Xmas.