PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Jns001
29th December 2013, 01:34 PM
Hey Everybody

New to the woodwork scene. Started on a project involving Red Gum, the finishing is my concern as I want a smooth shop like finish still a long way to go before I get there:U.

Perfect Pens
29th December 2013, 02:50 PM
Hey Everybody

New to the woodwork scene. Started on a project involving Red Gum, the finishing is my concern as I want a smooth shop like finish still a long way to go before I get there:U.

Hi & Welcome to the Woodwork Forums, All the information you will be looking for I sure will be found within :) if you get stuck trying to find something or just have a straight out question feel free to ask away and Im sure you will get an answer pretty quickly. Lots of good and very knowledgeable people to be found on here :2tsup:

Cheers & Good Luck with your project.

Tony

old1955
29th December 2013, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.

crowie
29th December 2013, 07:07 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "JNS".
There are a heap of members in and around Brisbane.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork..
Cheers crowie

JJF
31st December 2013, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Christos
31st December 2013, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You might want to take a look in this section of the forum. FINISHING & RESTORATION (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f4/) Feel free to ask questions.

To get you on your way and to give a general answer to your question sanding through the grits with the grain will give you a starting point to get a smooth finish.

Godfrey
31st December 2013, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forum