PDA

View Full Version : Title eludes me

Roger C
3rd January 2014, 10:25 PM
The white piece is a section of half of a vase turned from a piece of Camphor from the Laurel family the rest of the vase can be seen in the 4 th picture. The red onion is Red Ivory and the black piece is African Black Wood. Please feel free to suggest a name. Finish is shellac mixed with a white powder same as used to colour resin for the white piece and the other two pieces blond shellac.H 260mm 10 ¼” W 108mm 4 ¼’ C & C as always welcome. Regards Roger

powderpost
3rd January 2014, 10:47 PM
Hi Roger, I like this piece. When I saw it, I immediately thought of "Wind blown". Very nice.. :2tsup:
Jim

Squidhead
3rd January 2014, 11:02 PM
I am along similar lines to Jim above, perhaps "wind swept"

Beautiful piece indeed

Johno

A Duke
3rd January 2014, 11:07 PM
It looks like a flame to me. How about "The eternal flame."
Nice job, by the way.
Regards

Hermit
3rd January 2014, 11:09 PM
Nice. :2tsup:
For a title, I was thinking 'Anybody seen my vase?'

Roger C
4th January 2014, 06:21 AM
Thanks Jim,Johno,A Duke and Hermit for comments and suggestion appreciated. Roger

dr4g0nfly
4th January 2014, 07:25 AM
The Red Ivory looks like a drop of blood so how about Hearts Blood?

Whatever you call it, it must have taken a little courage to destroy a whole vase just to get that on piece from it - well done.

artme
4th January 2014, 07:43 AM
An unusual and interesting piece Roger!!

I like it too. Well done.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

jimbur
4th January 2014, 10:09 AM
Very nice indeed. Carrying on from Hugh's suggestion you could go for the nostalgia market and call it, Candle in the Wind.

michael_m
4th January 2014, 03:44 PM
How about "empty flame" or "alight"?

smiife
4th January 2014, 07:14 PM
Hi roger,
When I first saw your piece I thought
Earth, wind and fire, which kinder fits
The three elements you have there
Great looking piece by the way
Well done
Cheers smiife:2tsup:

Roger C
7th January 2014, 05:29 AM
Thanks dr4g0nfly, artme, jimbur, michael_m and smiife pleased you all like the piece. dr4g0nfly the rest of the vase will be used. Seen as most folk saw a flame I decided on Wood Turners Flame of Friendship Cheers Roger C

Dalboy
7th January 2014, 05:35 AM
Another great piece:2tsup::2tsup: like the idea of using a part of another turned piece

I have just started to play with pieces that are more Arty and realise after seeing work that you and some of the other members produce that I have a long way to go yet.

Have been looking at this piece and I certainly could not come up with a name as those before have thought of all the appropriate names.

Christos
7th January 2014, 07:32 PM
An interesting piece. Sorry but just can not name it but it reminds me of fire.