PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Carriage

Hermit
5th January 2014, 02:30 AM
I spotted this while doing a bit of research tonight and thought others might be interested in a look. A good example of multi-axis turning, among other things.
Cinderella's Carriage:

It was on the Australian Woodturning Exhibition 2014 website, here: The Australian Woodturning Exhibition (http://www.theaustralianwoodturningexhibition.net/#!photo-gallery)

Plenty of other great stuff to look at too.

Mobyturns
5th January 2014, 08:14 AM
Ken Wraight did a fine job of it too. It is one piece you definitely have to get up close too so that you can truly appreciate the exceptional quality of the turning. Plenty of other fine turners highlighted there including some of PowderPosts work.

rwbuild
5th January 2014, 09:29 AM
:oo::oo::oo: I'm speechless!

Sturdee
5th January 2014, 10:06 AM
I've seen it close up and it's even more impressive then the photos of it.

Peter.

Hermit
5th January 2014, 11:51 AM
Just goes to show what can be done with a little imagination (and a lot of skill).
Ken certainly knows his stuff.

Christos
6th January 2014, 07:19 PM
That is quite impressive.

So Hermit (Steve) when do you think you will give that a try?

RETIRED
6th January 2014, 07:35 PM
If you think that is good, you should see The Emperors Coach by KW. As far as I know there are no links to it.:)

Jim Carroll
6th January 2014, 07:36 PM
To give you more of an idea about Ken Wraight here is a profile of him and his work.

Ken Wraight (http://www.woodworkersinstitute.com/page.asp?p=3028)

rwbuild
6th January 2014, 08:45 PM
"Despite what tool manufacturers would have you believe, there are no magic tools. All tools require practice to get the best out of them"

This is a quote from Ken Wraight which I feel sums up very well any aspect of any endeavor you undertake and how appropriate in wood working

Hermit
6th January 2014, 09:23 PM
So Hermit (Steve) when do you think you will give that a try?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Mobyturns
7th January 2014, 07:22 AM
"Despite what tool manufacturers would have you believe, there are no magic tools. All tools require practice to get the best out of them"

This is a quote from Ken Wraight which I feel sums up very well any aspect of any endeavor you undertake and how appropriate in wood working

Well worth listening too.

"from a friend of mine who lives in the far north of Australia."

Blarney
7th January 2014, 05:27 PM

This is a quote from Ken Wraight which I feel sums up very well any aspect of any endeavor you undertake and how appropriate in wood workingRobbo has been saying that for 20 years or more amongst other things.:rolleyes::D

Allan at Wallan
8th January 2014, 07:10 AM
Check out the December 2013 (Issue 46) of the American
publication "Woodturning Design".

Eight of his items are shown in a double page spread in the
Designer Showcase. Absolute works of art !!

We are extremely fortunate to have Ken as a member of our
club, Northern Woodturners, where we claim to have taught
him all he knows. (Wishful thinking on our part).

He deserves all the accolades for his efforts.

Allan

crowie
8th January 2014, 10:20 AM
G'Day Steve,
What a great find and magnificent wood-turning in the carriage..
How about a link from Toy Making & Scale Models to this thread for more to enjoy its beauty.
Cheers, crowie

Sturdee
8th January 2014, 10:37 AM

and

has been saying that for 20 years or more amongst other things.:rolleyes::D

Ken probably learned it from as they are great mates and their double act in demoing is worth its weight in gold.:2tsup:

Peter.

Hermit
8th January 2014, 11:31 AM
G'Day Steve,
What a great find and magnificent wood-turning in the carriage..
How about a link from Toy Making & Scale Models to this thread for more to enjoy its beauty.
Cheers, crowie

Done. :2tsup:
I've never triple-posted on one topic before, but this one is worth it.

Blarney
8th January 2014, 12:06 PM
Ken probably learned it from as they are great mates and their double act in demoing is worth its weight in gold.:2tsup:

Peter.Certainly entertaining.:D

chucky
8th January 2014, 08:04 PM
As the President of the Northern Woodturners, I would like to thank Allan for his comments regarding Ken. We as a club are privileged to have Ken as a member of the Northern Woodturners and as Allan mentioned earlier

He deserves all the accolades for his efforts.

299909[/QUOTE]