Perfect Pens
9th January 2014, 01:59 AM
G'Day Old Phart !!

Welcome to the forums Enjoy !!

Cheers
Tony

crowie
9th January 2014, 07:33 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Old Phart".
There are a heap of members in Brisbane and across S.E. Queensland; though I didn't know the Glasshouse Mountains was now Brisbane .....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork...
Cheers crowie

PS - Used to be a beaut old saw mill at Burpengary!

old1955
9th January 2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forum "Old Phart".

Christos
9th January 2014, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the forums.

tdrumnut
9th January 2014, 09:40 PM
Gidday & welcome aboard Old Phart, may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

Old Phart
9th January 2014, 09:53 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Old Phart".
There are a heap of members in Brisbane and across S.E. Queensland; though I didn't know the Glasshouse Mountains was now Brisbane .....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork...
Cheers crowie

PS - Used to be a beaut old saw mill at Burpengary!

Thanks Crowie, this is all new to me but i like the idea of like minded folk tossing ideas around and generally sharing their knowledge - hope i can help someone at some point.
Anyhow, I have a 'man cave' (hide from the misses and noisy kids) with a reasonable collection of equipment, like most blokes, i enjoy tinkering or repairing any challenge or just playing with anything to see how it works.
Of late, i have rediscovered fishing, have recently bought a cheap alloy centre console dinghy which needs some TLC, hence my interest in alloy welding, i know it is not easy as i have tried on several occasions!.

to this end, I was admiring (drewling) over a kit alloy boat and i stumbled upon this forum during a google search. i was reading a thread on someone who was building an ally boat basically doing what i want to do. I look like to have a chat with this guy to find out what his experience has been so far.
If by chance you know about this member, perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

thankyou all and i can tell i will enjoy this forum - just what the doctor ordered!

regards
Old Phart

Perfect Pens
9th January 2014, 11:57 PM
Not sure if its this one (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f160/pulse-welder-plate-boat-build-170586/) but the little box up top right is a search box, key in what you want to search and hopefully it will find it :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony

JJF
11th January 2014, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the forum