PDA

View Full Version : White Cypress

wheelinround
9th January 2014, 05:37 PM
I had been given some White Cypress some time back I needed some space on the shelves so set too and ............

All sanded and 1st coats done there is another small bowl but I must not have taken a photo yet :B

lidded box is 6" bowls 12" x 2 1/2" deep and 14" x 3" deep

Oh the larger bowls rough blank all were similar around the outer edges

artme
9th January 2014, 06:54 PM
Nice work there Ray!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Are you sure it is White Cedar??

I note that the blank has White Cypress written on it.

It looks like the latter to me.

wheelinround
9th January 2014, 08:16 PM
:doh::B Thanks Arthur it is Cypress have changed it above asked Mod's to change heading.

Ad de Crom
9th January 2014, 08:49 PM
Ray, nice work.
I have no experience with this wood, looks nice.
I love light colored wood, maybe it smells good, it would be a plus.
One question, what do you do with all your wood turning, give away or sell.
Ad :2tsup:

Bewerkingen ongedaan maken

artme
9th January 2014, 09:19 PM
Hi Ad. The odour is quite addictive.:)

TTIT
9th January 2014, 10:33 PM
Nice one Wheelin' :2tsup: Glad to see you left it a little meaty - I turned a big one out of White Cypress years ago and I swear you could hear it cracking as it sat on the table weeks later!!!!:C

Avery
9th January 2014, 11:44 PM
Nice stuff Wheelin'....... BUT.......

How about backing up the camera just a bit. When the bowl completely fills the frame , as in the last oneof this set, I just can't get a good idea of the shape, the form, the overall beauty of the the thing.

My wife took a photo of me a couple of days ago - I wish she had backed up a bit, about 2 or 3 hundred meters would have shown me at my best.

wheelinround
10th January 2014, 06:22 AM
Ray, nice work.
I have no experience with this wood, looks nice.
I love light colored wood, maybe it smells good, it would be a plus.
One question, what do you do with all your wood turning, give away or sell.
Ad :2tsup:

Bewerkingen ongedaan maken

Thanks Ad smell is something Sequoia or like pencils from when we were young.

Mostly Ad they are give a ways. I have not tried to sell a bowl at all. I have made some $$ turning, commission jobs where I was requested to make the two three tier platters should have charged double what I did.:p

wheelinround
10th January 2014, 06:26 AM
Nice one Wheelin' :2tsup: Glad to see you left it a little meaty - I turned a big one out of White Cypress years ago and I swear you could hear it cracking as it sat on the table weeks later!!!!:C

Vern thanks I lost one from this lot I had cored the centre, the remain had bad checking one to many turns of the Cole jaws and light touch of the gouge and it was goneski :C

Photo is prior big blow as I repaired this had tape round the outside, removed tape and......

Dalboy
10th January 2014, 06:37 AM
Great job like the first one the best nice shape and colour:2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
10th January 2014, 06:48 AM
Nice stuff Wheelin'....... BUT.......

How about backing up the camera just a bit. When the bowl completely fills the frame , as in the last oneof this set, I just can't get a good idea of the shape, the form, the overall beauty of the the thing.

My wife took a photo of me a couple of days ago - I wish she had backed up a bit, about 2 or 3 hundred meters would have shown me at my best.

Thanks Avery

Photo was cropped I will take a better pic when I get a better camera and clean the shed :U and finish them them all.

Lost of cliffs along the coast Avery maybe she should have backed up not you