PDA

View Full Version : G'day from SA

KymMareeAU
9th January 2014, 09:49 PM
Hi, im Kym. From SA.
Just received a scroll saw.. (literally last week) :yippee:
did have one previously that is now MIA, through moving house, and never thought of replacing.. As i never found time to get involved.
But now im looking forward to learning something that has already become a bit of an addiction :p
Finally got to get some cutting done yesterday.. and didnt want to get off..
Made up a couple of dragon toys.

Anyway, im 41, married, 4 kids.. 1 granddaughter.. (who loves cars and trains, and was my main reason for researching the replacement saw )
My hubby has always been the woodworker of the family, (pens, bowls, furniture etc) So hopefully i wont cramp his style in the man cave :)

I can tend to be a bit quiet at times.. But im looking forward to hopping around and reading up and hopefully meeting some locals as well that can offer hints to a newbie :D

:2tsup:

old1955
10th January 2014, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Kym.

crowie
10th January 2014, 05:40 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Kym".
There are a lot of members in and around Adelaide and across Sth Aust.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork/scroll sawing ..
Also check out the Toy Making section along with the scrollsaw section....
Cheers crowie

SCROLLERS FORUM (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f19/)
TOY MAKING (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f174/)

PS - The shed always looks better with a pretty girl..... especially ones best girl....

tdrumnut
10th January 2014, 09:49 PM
Gidday & welcome aboard Kym, may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

Perfect Pens
11th January 2014, 01:07 AM
Hi Kym,

And welcome to the forums. You certainly have plenty of good reasons to make toys for the kids :2tsup: and you should find a number of sections of the forum that will be of interest to you. Toy making, Scrolling etc. Enjoy your stay and please share photos with others of your work too.

Cheers
Tony.

Christos
11th January 2014, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. My wife is also into scroll sawing and now getting into turning.

JJF
11th January 2014, 07:51 AM
welcome aboard

KymMareeAU
13th January 2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
Still getting the hang of moving around a forum.. But ill get there..

Have to say, loving some of the info here.. im also into pyrography... so im stumbling around a few areas. :D

Made up a few items already.. ill post piccies up once ive found the right spot.

Again thanks for the welcome.
:D