PDA

View Full Version : Another Melbourne small-shed beginner

aeberbach
10th January 2014, 09:36 AM
Hi I'm Adam from the Melbourne suburbs. My shed is a converted two-car space, at the moment the only thing set up is a Triton table saw. The TRA001 router is in a drawer - haven't used it much since it nearly took my thumb off 4 years ago cutting a slot in some HDPE. But the thumb is better and I'm about to buy a proper table, fence etc. and begin using it again. Immediate plans are for a finger-jointed tool cabinet for the wall to hold all the nicer hand tools, a wall of storage for the other stuff and then trolleys for the drill press and vacuum/dust collection. Then I'm hoping to build guitars.

danny.s
10th January 2014, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Nice to have you here

old1955
10th January 2014, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

crowie
10th January 2014, 05:28 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Adam".
There are a heap of members in Melbourne and across Victoria.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork and the new purchases; keep safe.
Cheers crowie

tdrumnut
10th January 2014, 09:57 PM
Gidday & welcome aboard Adam, may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

Perfect Pens
11th January 2014, 12:58 AM
Adam,

Welcome to the forums, Sounds like you have heaps of projects to crack on with so the best of luck and if you get stuck there are plenty of friendly people on here that are normally happy enough to help out.

Good Luck with it all
Cheers
Tony

Christos
11th January 2014, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the forum. I hope your continual journey does not involve any further spilling of blood.

JJF
11th January 2014, 07:57 AM
welcome aboard :2tsup: