6th June 2005, 09:26 PM
I am not sure what is wrong but i am unable to post pictures

when i click manage attachments nothing happens
Please help

Regards

Hagrid

bitingmidge
6th June 2005, 09:36 PM
When you click "manage attachments" or after you have done that and are trying to select a picture?

P :confused:

Ashore
6th June 2005, 09:52 PM
Try double clicking with left mouse button Quickly

If this does'nt work check mouse has been fed recently http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=9437&stc=1

Common problem

. Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Hagrid
6th June 2005, 10:13 PM
I do keep my mouse fed well
when i click nothing happens
i am using XP with nortons and was thiking it might have somthing to do with that

Ashore
6th June 2005, 10:18 PM
i am using XP with nortons and was thiking it might have somthing to do with that
So do I and have no problems Nortons will usually stop you from recieving not sending

When you click on "manage attachments" you should get a new window open in the top Left hand corner of your screen , is this happening

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

ozwinner
6th June 2005, 10:20 PM
Maybe the file is toooooooo big.

Al :)

Hagrid
6th June 2005, 10:22 PM
Ashore No
It is a pain
i do have a note down the left hand bottom saying done with errors

Hagrid

Ashore
6th June 2005, 10:36 PM
Go to top rt hand corner click Private messages and send a message to ""

telling him your problem
1 This keeps him occupied while the good jokes run their course
2 He is most likely to know what the problem is
3 If he doesn't he will direct you in the right direction
4 He earns his keep " doing good deeds every day"

The other possibility is you have a virus , when did you last update Norton and run a full system scan

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

knucklehead
6th June 2005, 10:44 PM
The attachment window is rather like a pop up. Is the new window actaully opening???

If not I could be stopped by XP (can be allowed for the site), or Nortons could be blocking it.

RETIRED
6th June 2005, 10:48 PM
Hagrid. I take it that you have read the instructions about putting pics up?

If you still can't do it email me the pic and I will have a look and put it it up.

DanP
7th June 2005, 12:42 AM
Hagrid,

After you click on it, look up the top of the screen just under the address bar and see if there is a bar that says 'pop up blocked' or similar. click on the bar and then click 'allow popups' or similar. This should let the pop up pop up. If it's not this, I've got not idea.

Dan

silentC
7th June 2005, 10:01 AM
What browser are you running? Perhaps you have JavaScript disabled. The 'Done with Errors' indicates that something on the page broke when you loaded it and consequently it wont run any more scripts on the page, which is why nothing happens when you click "manage attachments". Double click the ! next to the "done with errors" and it should pop up an error message of some sort.

Hagrid
13th June 2005, 07:10 AM
oh well

thank you people for the advice. However it is not to be no matter what i try i am unable to get an attachment to work.
It must be something to do with xp/nortons.
When i get a chance i will try posting as a web page.
It is proberly god avin a go anyway cause i was just tring to showoff a little with a tray i had made.
At least i can see what others have done and i when i compair mines proberly needs a little work anyway.

thanks again

Regards

Hagrid.

Bob Willson
13th June 2005, 11:42 AM
Right click on the file you are trying to attach and tell us the size of the file and the type of file.

ubeaut
13th June 2005, 01:12 PM
Hagrid, please email me the pic you are trying to put on.... [email protected]

outback
13th June 2005, 01:43 PM
I reckon its either Norton or ya firewall. I had hells own trouble when I started, couldn't see nuthin' couldn't post nuthin' or nuthin'.

Stuff around with the settings until you fix it or fu........er muck it up completely.

Gingermick
13th June 2005, 02:29 PM
Try holding the ctrl key down while you click. If you have SP2 there is a pop up blocker and the manage attachments window is a popup, The ctrl key overrides it.

Bob Willson
13th June 2005, 03:52 PM
I do believe that outback and Gingermick may be correct.
I just tried to manage an attachment and I had to change the address in the firewall to http:www.woodworkforums*. The old address would no longer work.
Have we had a name change recently at woodworkforums?