PDA

View Full Version : Hi Team

drnumbers
10th January 2014, 05:46 PM
Hi Team,

I have been lurking for a while and have bought a few things off the marketplace and I think the time has come to introduce myself.

I live in Postmans Ridge near Toowoomba and I am currently a mostly stay at home dad. I have started doing some woodwork in the shed while my son is asleep as a way of staying sane and I am having a great time. So far I have mostly been making trinkets and toys for wife and bub and I plan on working my way up to some furniture to replace some temporary stuff we have in the house. I seem to enjoy cutting things out on the scroll saw much more than I thought I would. I have a lathe still in its wrapping because when ever I get free time I choose to cut out a pattern instead of setting it up.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all, how do you do?

crowie
10th January 2014, 06:33 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "numbers".
Not sure how many members are on the Darling Downs but there are a heap in Brissy and across S.E. Q'Land.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork..
Cheers crowie

PS - Check out the toymaking for the little bloke....

TOY MAKING (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f174/)

tdrumnut
10th January 2014, 09:41 PM
Gidday & welcome aboard, may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

Perfect Pens
11th January 2014, 01:11 AM
Welcome !! and Im sure you will enjoy your stay.
Plenty of good stuff in here to get involved in. Lots of turners in here too so do not leave it too long to get that lathe setup :D

Cheers
Tony

Christos
11th January 2014, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forum.

JJF
11th January 2014, 07:46 AM
Welcome to a top forum

steamingbill
11th January 2014, 09:18 AM
Hey,

Welcome to forums .....................

Unwrap the lathe ................... good discussions and advice available in wood turning forum

I was quite surprised at how much I enjoy using my lathe - didnt expect it to be so interesting.

Even simple things like spinningtops from scrapwood can be quite satisfying.

Bill

old1955
11th January 2014, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.