PDA

View Full Version : help! lost collet wrench for jof001 1010w triton router

woodwormer
11th January 2014, 08:43 PM
Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you could tell me the size of the collet wrench for the 1010w triton router. I have turned my shed and house upside down looking for it the past couple of days and i think im going to have to concead defeat on finding it. If i can get the size i can get a cheap after market one from ebay otherwise i will have to try and get a replacement one from triton.

thanks guys

woodwormer

rayintheuk
13th January 2014, 07:43 AM
The wrench is 24mm.

Ray

bsrlee
17th January 2014, 02:53 AM
Or do what the rest of us do, and get a good brand adjustable spanner (Crescent wrench to us old pharts), The jaws are much wider than the stamped metal Triton wrench so less likely to damage the collet nut, can be bought with longer or shorter handles and you can always use it on other nuts and bolts around the workshop - like a table saw arbour. I have bought several over the years, I can always find one in a few minutes when I can't remember where I put it down last :doh:

Chief Tiff
17th January 2014, 07:53 AM
Take a rule with you and go to the nearest sunday market or similar and you'll probably find a cheap 24mm spanner very easily.

When you get it home, cable tie it to the plug end of the power cord. Now do the same thing with your angle grinder wrench and drill chuck key and anything else along those lines. This gives you two things; 1 you'll never loose a tool ever, and 2 you get into the habit of unplugging the device before replacing the cutter/bit/blade/disc.

I did this to every one of my power tools and I've never lost a spanner or a finger yet. Nor am I hunting around a workbench or floor hunting for a spanner under shavings and other tools.

Lastly; if you absolutely must have adjustable spanners (ok... I've got over a dozen from 3" to 2' :rolleyes:) only buy Bahco. Crescent? Crap. Sidchrome? Expensive crap. Snap-on? Very expensive; and still not as good as a Bahco. When I used to teach apprentices basic hand tools I'd take out a brand spanking new Sidchrome from the toolchest and show how much side to side and front to back slop was evident, how thick and out of parrallel the jaws were and how coarse was the adjustment mechanism. Then I'd pull out my old Bahco from my pocket and show how my old spanner had less than half the play and slop, despite having seen considerable worlwide use in it's (then)15 year life. By that time I had actually retired that old tool due to it's wear, but it was still superior to the Sidchrome.

woodwormer
17th January 2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the advice guys i think i might have a look at the local discount hardware store later today and see if i can pick something up, once the road cools down enough that my car won't stick to it if i stop, Gotta Love Melbourne in summer.:D

skot
27th January 2014, 08:00 PM
I haven't lost mine but I might look for a better spanner.

The Triton one feels flimsy and a bit sloppy fit as well