PDA

View Full Version : Millmeran to Tamworth

chambezio
12th January 2014, 11:55 AM
I am wondering if some body may be going through the bottom half of Queensland and heading down Tamworth way to bring a piece of Spotted Gum 1300-1500mm X 100mm X 50mm from Paul (Bushmiller) down to me at Tamworth. Paul is kind enough to give me this piece to make a Cant Handle out of it. Postage is about $25. So we thought on the off chance, that some one may be able to help us out. The length can be reduced to about 1200mm if that fits better in the vehicle.
Country Music Festival starts this Friday if some one needs an excuse to travel.
I am not in a big hurry

FenceFurniture
12th January 2014, 03:39 PM
Rod, if it comes to posting I think you'll find AP will only take up to 1 metre.:(

chambezio
12th January 2014, 04:20 PM
Hi Brett, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! (Bit late)

Yeh postage is about $22 and maximum length is 1050mm. At a pinch I could probably get away with it at that length but if someone was able to pick it up and bring it I thought that up to 1500mm would/should fit on a car. If it were a ute well the sky is the limit. As I said I'm in no hurry at this stage the weather is keeping me inside (this is where I come up with these schemes, ....idle hands....over worked brain)

Late last week I decided to mill a pepper tree log that I have been dodging around the front of my shed for 4 months. Thankfully the days were a little cooler. Man handling this 3 mtr long X 340mm diameter trunk was not easy so this is where the brain thought I needed a Cant Hook. The heat just sucks any enthusiasm when things just start to get hard....then its knock off time....then the brain says "You haven't finished out there yet, shouldn't you finish then stop work?". So this is my situation.
Oh, by the way, I will be dropping in at my sister's place at the end of Feb, so I will drop in to see your new shed floor.

FenceFurniture
12th January 2014, 08:40 PM
..... so this is where the brain thought I needed a Cant Hook. Ok, I get it. I thought you might have been making some sort of dedication to the English "cricket" team, because they certainly can't.

Oh, by the way, I will be dropping in at my sister's place at the end of Feb, so I will drop in to see your new shed floor. Welcome Rod, good to have a yak. We were thinking of mid-March for another GTG, but need to discuss it more here. Maybe we might bring it forward.

Bushmiller
13th January 2014, 10:12 PM
Millmerran to Moonbi is a little hopeful, but anywhere around Tamworth or Armidale would be possible at the NSW end and up here, given enough forward notice, I may be able to organise something to Brisbane.

Any help would be appreciated, although it is a tall order. Actually it is a long order :rolleyes:, but as Rod said up about 1200mm. Australia Post max length is 1050mm.

Regards
Paul

WoodieT
14th January 2014, 09:40 AM
I am wondering if some body may be going through the bottom half of Queensland and heading down Tamworth way to bring a piece of Spotted Gum 1300-1500mm X 100mm X 50mm from Paul (Bushmiller) down to me at Tamworth. Paul is kind enough to give me this piece to make a Cant Handle out of it. Postage is about $25. So we thought on the off chance, that some one may be able to help us out. The length can be reduced to about 1200mm if that fits better in the vehicle.
Country Music Festival starts this Friday if some one needs an excuse to travel.
I am not in a big hurry

Tamworth based and going up in next two weeks back the week after. Have roof racks. Warwick, Hattonvale, Moorook are definite waypoints. Depending on timings may be able to deviate via Toowoomba. Please PM if this could be suitable to you.

WoodieT

FenceFurniture
14th January 2014, 09:54 AM
Sounds like you'll be able to get a decent quantity Rod!:D

Onya WoodiT.

chambezio
14th January 2014, 10:09 AM
Now Brett, you know that you don't bite the hand tha feeds you

I have sent a PM to Woodie T

WoodieT
27th January 2014, 02:09 PM
Met Bushmiller Friday 24th, had a cuppa and a good chat. Timber has started journey back to Tamworth.

Pete G

WoodieT
3rd February 2014, 08:49 PM
Dropped off with Chambezio today (Monday 2nd February 2014). Great to have caught up with both Bushmiller and Chambezio during this exercise and swapping a few ideas in the process. Thats what the Forum is all about.

Regards

Pete G