PDA

View Full Version : G'dayfrom Mansfield, Vic.

Stevexlv
12th January 2014, 01:03 PM
G'day from the High Country, Mansfield, North East Victoria.

I'm just another plodder trying to learn a bit more about working with wood. While I don't mind working with metal too, I don't think there is anything better than getting some pleasing results with different types of wood. While I am no expert I have made a few items of furniture with varying results, and am keen to make a few more as we have just built our retirement home( or someone else did) and need to fit out part of my garage as a bar/games room, and of course get the shed (seperate to the garage) up and running as a doghouse so SWMBO can banish me every now and then.

I have already cruised the forum a bit and the info is great. One day I might even make a strip plank canoe, but first things first.

I have just made a bench from a surplus school office desk. Pretty simple and sturdy enough, and ok to get me started in the shed.

Looking forward to starting projects and sharing some info with you lot.

Steve:U

Perfect Pens
12th January 2014, 11:34 PM
Welcome Steve,

Sounds like you have your retirement all planned out :2tsup: Good luck with it all !! they tell me they have no time left when they retire :D All too bust with many projects sounds like your on that path :)

Cheers and enjoy !!
Tony.

crowie
13th January 2014, 08:44 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Steve".
There are a heap of members in Melbourne and across Victoria.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork & the retirement.
Cheers crowie

Stevexlv
13th January 2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks folks, enjoying lurking around the forum and finding it very interesting. Divying up the time between fishing, gardening, and the shed at the moment. Not enough time in the day for everything. Got a few projects planned and I have seen we have plenty of experts to help out if I get stuck. Have an old Fender guitar to rejuvenate, plus as mentioned previously bar/sink cabinet etc, plus I might be putting a mezanine in the shed, but first and most important I have a repair job on the caravan due to a water leak. I am hoping it doesn't need the timber frame repaired as well as the ply sheeting. I might need to lose a bit of weight to get into the boot to do it.
Happy days

Keep your powder dry

Steve:D

old1955
13th January 2014, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve.

tdrumnut
13th January 2014, 08:27 PM
Gidday & welcome aboard Steve, may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

Christos
14th January 2014, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the forum.

JJF
15th January 2014, 05:37 AM
Welcome to a forum