PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Ontario, Canada

darrin1200
26th January 2014, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone.

Im a retired soldier from the Canadian Forces. RCEME - Sgt - Weapons Tech - 26 years.

I've always been working with wood in one form or another, with the plan of making it my retirement job. Now that I am retired, my plan has slidn in the direction of custom pen maker. While this is the main aspect of my business, I am pushing myself back into custom boxes as well.

I am a member of a rew other pen and wood related forums. Some of the work I've seen coming from Australian artisans is amazing.

I love the diversity of this forum and look forward to learning much more than pen making tips. The box making catagory has already caught my attention and will likely take up much of my reading time.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning alot.

Darrin McArthur
Timber Elegance
Home (http://www.timberelegance.ca)

crowie
26th January 2014, 10:41 AM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Darrin".
There are quite a few ''Canuck'' members on the forum and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

PS - Happy Australia Day - 26th January

Perfect Pens
26th January 2014, 11:11 AM
Welcome Darrin,

A man after my own heart :D Pens and timber boxes got to luv it !! Good to see you here and yep lots of great reading and some very knowledgable people here on these forums I'm sure you will find both the forums that interest you very worthy along with many others and the people are all pretty friendly and helpful too :2tsup:

Cheers & Welcome
Tony.

old1955
26th January 2014, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Darrin.

tdrumnut
26th January 2014, 08:02 PM
Welcome aboard Darrin.

JJF
27th January 2014, 02:21 AM
Welcome to the forum

DaveTTC
27th January 2014, 07:57 AM
G'day Darrin,

Had you been down in Oz over the weekend could have extended a real welcome to you as there was a get together at my place.

Pencil this weekend in for next year ;) It should be bigger and better. This year was good dont get me wrong.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

Christos
28th January 2014, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will locate a lot of stuff on this forum.