PDA

View Full Version : MC900 Pulley

CMB
29th January 2014, 04:31 PM
Ok boys and girls. Just picked up a MC900 for $150. Is in pretty good nick other than a dicky switch, sheared off pin for the speed control handle (now fixed) and a destroyed auto adjust pulley on the motor shaft... so, can anyone point me in the right derestriction for a replacement pulley (Melbourne east or south-east burbs preferred). It has a bore of 16mm and outer diameter of 107mmish. H&F have quoted $58 + GST + $10 postage (no pick-up available as it comes straight down from Sydney). Thanks in advance.

You should be able to see the remnants of the buggered one on the lathe bed.

Chesand
29th January 2014, 06:55 PM
Check Yellow pages for "Belt Suppliers" or similar.
A few years ago when I had an MC900 equivalent, I got a replacement from an industrial supply place in Preston so I would expect that there will be a similar place over your way. You will probably have to take your old belt for comparison

Hope that helps

CMB
29th January 2014, 07:09 PM
Check Yellow pages for "Belt Suppliers" or similar.
A few years ago when I had an MC900 equivalent, I got a replacement from an industrial supply place in Preston so I would expect that there will be a similar place over your way. You will probably have to take your old belt for comparison

Hope that helps

Thanks, but it's the spring operated two-part auto adjust pulley for the motor shaft that I'm after. Had H&F quoted me those prices for a belt, I'd have wet myself laughing at them.

Chesand
29th January 2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks, but it's the spring operated two-part auto adjust pulley for the motor shaft that I'm after. Had H&F quoted me those prices for a belt, I'd have wet myself laughing at them.
Sorry, I should have read your post more closely.

CMB
29th January 2014, 07:21 PM
Should also add that I'll be contacting Leda tomorrow (who I suspect sold it originally). Have already tried Carbatec, but my enquiry seems to have been completely devoured and lost for all time by their wonderful phone system.

CMB
29th January 2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry, I should have read your post more closely.

No probs. I appreciate your trying to help.

ian thorn
29th January 2014, 09:10 PM
Just going a bit off thread I had one of those I screwed ply to the back and the leg rails it really made the lathe more stable.

BCC
4th February 2014, 03:25 PM
I have a similar H&F WL-18 which needed the same part. I got it from H&F at a similar price. Check very carefully whether the fingers of the two pulley halves mesh together once they are on the keyway. Mine didn't but fortunately only one pulley half was damaged, so I re-used one of the old halves. If they are machined wrong and you force it, they break very, very easily.

Bruce

CMB
10th February 2014, 10:54 AM
Ended up ordering a replacement pulley from LEDA. All up (inc postage) was maybe $3 more than H&F quoted price, but went straight on with no fuss and works a treat. :2tsup:

fozz
11th February 2014, 09:05 PM
:2tsup:good to hear