PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Clear Vue blast gates

ozhunter
30th January 2014, 10:55 PM
Has anyone had experience with the CV blastgates. I ordered one to see what they where like when I ordered some other stuff from Lee Valley.

First impressions are not what I expected. The 150mm DWV slips loosley over the fitting on the gate leaving a gape around the pipe that would need to be filled to stop leaks, leaving a constricition back to less than 140mm for the air to pass through and the gate itself leaves a small lip either side of the hole when opened, a little more restriction. Camera is dead or I'd post pic.

Am I reading too much into it, or could the above things be detrimental to airflow and therefore not of much use.

Opinions appreciated.

BobL
30th January 2014, 11:29 PM
That's disappointing.

The Ducting should go into a blast gate and leave a smooth track all the way through - leastways that's how I made mine.

ozhunter
30th January 2014, 11:33 PM
That's what I reckoned. It is supposed to be a 6" gate. I might annoy clear vue with an email.

Regards

ozhunter
30th January 2014, 11:46 PM
Ah ha. Just looked at the CV website and their gates look nothing like the one I got.

Turns out I read Bill Pentz blurb about gates wrong.

The gate I bought IS NOT a Clear Vue. Apologies to Clear Vue.

The gate I got is a self cleaning gate only, not a CV gate, and not of much use, in my opinion.

Again apologies to Clear Vue.

Off to the optometrist now.