PDA

View Full Version : Woodfast Lathe manual needed

tofelofogus
3rd February 2014, 08:02 PM
Hi. I have just been given a 1978 Woodfast lathe (L3L-106-78) and am looking for a manual or any other info regarding setting it up. I am a complete novice to using a wood lathe.

thanks

Mobyturns
3rd February 2014, 09:09 PM
You don't really need the Woodfast lathe manual. Just get a copy of Keith Rowleys "Wood Turning - a Foundation Course" or the South Auckland Woodturners Guild “The Beginners guide to Woodturning”.

If you are having trouble assembling the lathe just locate a local woodturning club and join up. There will be plenty of assistance available within a club.

artful bodger
3rd February 2014, 11:01 PM
Ive got the original paperwork for my woodfast lathe model 150-900 purchased in either 78 or 79. My model might be the Kingswood, yours looks like the Monaro. Text would have been similar for both.302885 And here is the setting up instructions302886...Real world stuff, though,bolt your lathe to the floor so it doesn't jump about and it helps if the bed of your lathe is level.

Poloris
3rd February 2014, 11:14 PM
Perhaps you should get a camera manual too.
I didn't see much of the lathe in your photos.
Mark.

jimbur
4th February 2014, 09:05 AM
Send me your email in a pm and I'll send you a few manuals for woodfast in pdf. One or all of them may help.
ps if you saw my toes you wouldn't go barefooted around machinery and cables.:oo:

tofelofogus
6th February 2014, 11:16 PM
Hopefully these will better show the lathe.

jimbur
7th February 2014, 06:58 AM
Ah, a modern one.:D
Love the long rest. Some useful stuff there.

Mobyturns
7th February 2014, 09:43 AM
Very nice pick up. You wont be disappointed with that & the accessories. I have a later '92 model M908 and find the headstock cabinet a real pia as I often work on small stuff close to the headstock.

tofelofogus
7th February 2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks Jim, appreciate that. I have printed out all the docs to read. I've joined the local Men's Shed. On Saturday someone is going to demonstrate how to turn a tulip. Should be interesting to see.

Send me your email in a pm and I'll send you a few manuals for woodfast in pdf. One or all of them may help.
ps if you saw my toes you wouldn't go barefooted around machinery and cables.:oo:

tofelofogus
8th February 2014, 09:22 PM
Went to the Men's Shed today. Watching the tulip turning was great. The President of the club also helped me remove the rust and begin sharpening the tools. He was very envious of the tools (they're nearly all Robert Sorby). I've included a few more pics.

tofelofogus
9th February 2014, 06:28 PM
This holds about 1/3 of my tools.