PDA

View Full Version : G'day from snowy Cobourg, Ontario: kayak sailing rudder/leeboard

brookcreek
6th February 2014, 09:11 AM
I "enlisted" in December 2010 but have done nothing since then so time for a new start.

Yes, we are having a serious snow day with a snowfall warning and -18C tonight. Doesn't that make you guys down under feel more comfortable. I am a bit envious.

This may be the year to get serious about sailing again after my visit to the Toronto Boat Show in January. After checking out the local used dinghy market (most have lots of standing rigging and I would need more storage space), I had an epiphany. Yesterday, I purchased Mr. Storer's outrigger plans with the idea of using my 10' Wood Duck kayak and/or my 16' Prospector canoe as the main hull.

However, I need a rudder and potentially lee boards. Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions for plans for these items?

Please and thank you.
Best wishes,
Paul

Christos
6th February 2014, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I might suggest that you post the boating question in the boat section of the forum.

WOODEN BOAT FORUM (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f29/)

old1955
6th February 2014, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forum Paul.

crowie
6th February 2014, 03:33 PM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Paul''.
There are quite a few ''Canuck'' members on the forum and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork & sailing when the snow melts.
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

tdrumnut
6th February 2014, 08:40 PM
Welcome aboard

Perfect Pens
6th February 2014, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forums !! Enjoy :2tsup:
Cheers
Tony