PDA

View Full Version : Back in the shop, at last!

Leo_3344
7th February 2014, 10:11 AM
Following doctor's orders, I've stayed out of my workshop for a month... It was hell!! All I could do was sit and wait, make some drawings and think about new projects... But there was also good news: someone I met at one of the fairs the last year asked me if I would display and sell my toys in her shop... And I said yes, of course! Ther's a percentage for her, so I make less on each item but the chance to sell is much greater then at a one-time fair a few times a year. In fact, some items were already sold within a week! Because there are a number af participants I do not have to produce new things fast, I can still do my own stuff as I like. As for succes: the whinebox Ive posted earlier is a real thing. I've had to ask my son (he has bigger machines at work) to cut the pieces for 15 boxes until now. They are sold at €30 a piece and go like a piece of cake... The first thing I made is a simple marble run, the pics are here. The size is appr. 46 cm high, 40 cm long and 9 cm wide. The runs are place at an angle of 10°, but after finishing I found it's a bit too much, the marbles run rather fast. I'll change it with the next one. I think 5° should be good enough.

crowie
7th February 2014, 05:20 PM
All good things come to those who wait - welcome back Leo.....
I hope the health is well and truly on the mend if not fully recovered.
It'll be great to see your designs gracing the forum again after this ''doctors orders'' break.
Also VERY WELL DONE on scoring the shop front sale of your toys.
I'm sure with the more exposure you particular style will become a collects item very soon and the boxes, top marks, that'll help restock the shed with goodies.
That marble run is good, clear and simple; another well done, sir.
Cheers, crowie.

artme
7th February 2014, 07:24 PM
:whs::cheers2:

Dalboy
8th February 2014, 12:52 AM
Congratulations on two fronts, First being able to get back to the hobby you enjoy and also the sales outlet for you creations:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:.

It will certainly be great to see some of your builds back on the forum again Leo:2tsup:

PLD
8th February 2014, 03:27 AM
I haven't been here long enough to have seen some of your projects, but I am certainly glad to read your are recovering and able to get back at it.

oneye
8th February 2014, 03:36 PM
Glad to see you back.
You make the neatest stuff.

bj383ss
8th February 2014, 10:38 PM
I haven't been here long enough to have seen some of your projects, but I am certainly glad to read your are recovering and able to get back at it.

It is definately worth looking up Leo's build threads. He has made some awesome stuff! Especially his "Alien Series".

Bret

Leo_3344
9th February 2014, 02:03 AM
It worked fine. Taking the hull out of the entourage, it looked good, but of course it was too high. Cutting it down on the right angle wasn't easy: I had to find a way to hold it when cutting. A bit of sanding and the bottom is attached.