PDA

View Full Version : Trupro table saw

Trav
9th June 2005, 12:12 PM
Has anyone heard of trupro table saws? Are they another clone of the normal chinese table saws? Major Woodworking Equipment have MBS 300 trupro tablesaws.

In particular, I'm interested in feedback on the trupro 12 inch, 2 hp, model number tpks 12 sa .

Does anyone know anything about them?

Trav

amgsir
9th June 2005, 04:27 PM
Hello Trav,

I have a trupro tablesaw. Had it some 3 months. Is 2hp. Found it very good however getting parts can be a pain (because I wanted to obtain another side rail for mine, not because it need repair!!)

I have yet to experience any disppointment with it.

Trav
9th June 2005, 04:52 PM
Is it a NZ brand? I googled it and came up with a number of NZ sites...

Do you mind giving me an indication of how much they cost?

Thanks

Trav

amgsir
9th June 2005, 07:08 PM
Its a Chinese product. They seem to sell around the $1300-1500 mark here.

www.chevpac.co.nz stock them here in NZ. Check out their website, they have a reasonable online catalogue.

Good luck

Risky Business
9th June 2005, 11:56 PM
Trav

I bought a Trupro MBS 300 3hp 240V model a few weeks ago. The saw is made in Taiwan and is of industrial quality. It is very heavy, very smooth, well finished and has more than enough grunt.

Make sure that you get a top quality saw blade as it can make a significant difference. I put a Freud teflon coated saw blade in mine and it cuts wood like a hot knife cuts through butter.

I am happy with mine and it looks like it will last me many years.

By the way, ask for Reagan at MWE, he gives the sharpest deals and is a good person to negotiate with.

Cheers

Risky

Corrie
3rd April 2024, 08:30 AM
Hi Risky, I see you brought a trupro saw back in 2005 and was wondering if you still have it. I am thinking of buying one and would like your thoughts about the pros and cons of the machine. I will be doing segmented work along with the normal sawing operations. Thanks in advance. Corrie

Scally
4th April 2024, 09:21 AM
I bought mine from Major over 12 years ago.

Major had changed from Jet to Trupro.
The saws looked very similar..They were putting them into schools so I hoped the reliability would be good.

Mine has cut everything from chessboards to dining tables.

It works fine hasn't caused me any problems.

Major have been great to dal with whenever I have questions.

They delivered the saw into my Newcastle workshop/garage. I had a steepish driveway but it wasn't a challenge.
They reversed up the driveway. Lowered the heavy saw on their traylift the manouvered it into position with their forklift.

It has been a good saw for me

Corrie
8th April 2024, 12:37 PM
Thanks for your input. Sounds like a very good saw. Corrie