PDA

View Full Version : "Ouch"

gawdelpus
10th February 2014, 05:54 PM
My wife visits an alternitive medical practitioner from time to time and wanted a "special " pen for her as a gift :) amongst her skills she uses accupunture ,so what better than a pen containing some needles :) I painted a tube white and my wife glued on a series of needles ,had to cut them off a bit to fit the tube but the finished effect is better than the photo here, cheers ~ John

artme
10th February 2014, 06:46 PM
Well done you two!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

tdrumnut
10th February 2014, 07:31 PM
Well thats a bit dirrerent, clever work there John.

dai sensei
10th February 2014, 09:55 PM
Turned out well John :cool:, I'm sure she will love it. With the title of the thread I though you must have stabbed yourself :U

gawdelpus
10th February 2014, 10:10 PM
With the title of the thread I though you must have stabbed yourself :U

Nope :) thats why SWMBO had the joy of cutting to length and gluing on the the tubes, used some of those tiny rubber bands that that come with the Laser cut Blanks :) I had never seen these accupunture needles before ,how they wrap that copper wire around the steel must be quite a process hehe, I might try polymer clay for the next one ! cheers ~ John

PenTurner
10th February 2014, 10:43 PM
John, I thought you may have found a shortcut by putting a needle instead of a refill!:oo:, otherwise, you did not bad!!! both of you!:D:2tsup::2tsup: Amos:)

Les in Red Deer
11th February 2014, 03:24 AM
A unique collaboration that should be appreciated by the recipient.
Nicely done.
IMHO, I would have had the needles facing the same direction as holding the pen.
Any significance in having the needles facing the opposite direction?

Les

gawdelpus
11th February 2014, 07:17 AM
A unique collaboration that should be appreciated by the recipient.
Nicely done.
IMHO, I would have had the needles facing the same direction as holding the pen.
Any significance in having the needles facing the opposite direction?

Les

Thanks Les ! I agree that would have been my choice, infortunately with the Phoenix the taper size goes from around .570" at the nib end to , .470" at the clip end, with the copper wound wire handle and small loop there just wasn't the option to reverse the direction, it may have worked on a sierra vista or maybe some other kit with a bit more meat in the body but may have needed even more cut off the needles .lessening the overall effect , cheers ~ John

Treecycle
11th February 2014, 01:00 PM
Well done John on designing a pen to suit the recipient. You're on a roll with these unique pens at the moment.

Perfect Pens
11th February 2014, 10:31 PM
John,

Turned out looking nice :2tsup:Should be a pretty special pen to the acupuncturist :D
Cheers
Tony.

plantagenon
12th February 2014, 08:13 AM
A great bit of innovation John. It turned out great. Better glued onto a tube than stuck into me.:C

gawdelpus
12th February 2014, 06:59 PM
John,

Turned out looking nice :2tsup:Should be a pretty special pen to the acupuncturist :D
Cheers
Tony.

Your right Tony ,she got it today and loved it so much she wants some more for special clients ,going to provide gold needles next time for her "upmarket clients" it seems some folk use their own gold needles as they can be sterilised, you live and learn hehe,cheers John

BSea
15th February 2014, 02:34 AM
It always amazes me to see what people come up with. That is very cool.:cool:

But I didn't think acupuncture was supposed to hurt.:?:? Shouldn't the title have been "I FEEL BETTER!!!" :D

MBUMIK
16th February 2014, 02:54 PM
great one mate, i hope you didn't stab yourself tooo many times in the construction

MIK