PDA

View Full Version : CBN wheel - replace, used and WOW!

Evanism
13th February 2014, 03:17 PM
Jim of Carrolls just sent me a new 180 CBN wheel. Arrived this morning, put it straight on, grabbed the Sorby rough gouge and bowl gouge, put it on the TruGrind....did the trick of using a black Sharpie Pen on the surface.....measured it all to ensure the angles were right....

Aaannnndddd....

Wow! What a brilliant setup. Ive always struggled with the last CBN. It was just a touch oblate and it rang like a bell, control was hard and I ended sending it back to Carrolls for a swap....in the meantime I ordered another 180 and a right sided TruGrind to give me a left/right setup....well, just the new 180 CBN has made a GALACTIC difference.

It is smooth, easy to use, it's highly predictable and did an absolutely wonderful job sharpening those two chisels.

I am ABSOLUTELY CHUFFED!

Buy one, just do it.

tea lady
13th February 2014, 04:28 PM
:2tsup: I love mine too. :cool:

pommyphil
14th February 2014, 12:39 PM
Ditto

Nanigai
14th February 2014, 05:44 PM
Dirtto :2tsup::2tsup:

nz_carver
14th February 2014, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the
( I seen Robbos CBN wheel and I loved it so I got one and it changed my life club) mate:D

tea lady
14th February 2014, 08:27 PM
:D Should we all get a room? :D

greyhound
16th February 2014, 07:11 AM
Jim of Carrolls just sent me a new 180 CBN wheel. Arrived this morning, put it straight on, grabbed the Sorby rough gouge and bowl gouge, put it on the TruGrind....did the trick of using a black Sharpie Pen on the surface.....measured it all to ensure the angles were right....

Aaannnndddd....

Wow! What a brilliant setup. Ive always struggled with the last CBN. It was just a touch oblate and it rang like a bell, control was hard and I ended sending it back to Carrolls for a swap....in the meantime I ordered another 180 and a right sided TruGrind to give me a left/right setup....well, just the new 180 CBN has made a GALACTIC difference.

It is smooth, easy to use, it's highly predictable and did an absolutely wonderful job sharpening those two chisels.

I am ABSOLUTELY CHUFFED!

Buy one, just do it.
What sort of grinder did you fit it to ( slow speed or Normal) ?
Did you have any trouble with fitting it? Run true?

pommyphil
16th February 2014, 11:35 AM
I have a CarbaTec 8 inch full speed cheapy and the wheel slid straight on, dead true, delighted. Phil