PDA

View Full Version : More market pens from this week !

gawdelpus
13th February 2014, 09:41 PM
I did a mix of timber and acylics to catch up a bit ,just a quick flash snap nothing fancy :) Cheers ~ John

Perfect Pens
13th February 2014, 10:56 PM
wow !! you have been busy John.

Nice lot there and hope they all sell for you :D nice work on the Vertex Click too. What do you think of them ? Always like the look of Hairy Oak on a pen :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

Les in Red Deer
14th February 2014, 02:44 AM
Great looking group of writing instruments John.
Well done.

Les

gawdelpus
14th February 2014, 07:43 AM
I did a mix of timber and acylics to catch up a bit ,just a quick flash snap nothing fancy :) Cheers ~ John

Thanks Tony ! I like the Vertex click it is soft and quiet in its action , and yes the Hairy oak is always distinctive :) It makes a nice pepper grinder as well hehe. I forgot to say the other timbers which are Black wattle ,hairy oak,bloodwood,Rib fruited malley, and colonial red gum :) The dice and atom are leftover laser cut pieces cast in acrylic ,and a threepence bent, set in polimer clay and cast in clear acrylic ,the other 2 are offcuts from previous pens and are commercial blanks ,today I hope to make a special pen for a customer see how I go ,cheers ~ John

Christos
14th February 2014, 08:59 AM
Like the variety of pens.

tdrumnut
14th February 2014, 03:58 PM
Nice group John, funny thing though I just done a vertex click satin dressed in Hairy oak this week too.

Perfect Pens
14th February 2014, 10:21 PM
Hey Trev,

You know the rules of engagement mate, no pic it never happened ;-) :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

Bedangerous
15th February 2014, 09:14 AM
Beautiful. Where did you get the Caduceus clip from?
Thanks,
Mitch

gawdelpus
15th February 2014, 09:27 AM
Beautiful. Where did you get the Caduceus clip from?
Thanks,
Mitch

Hi Mitch ,I bought a collection of clips to dress up slims and streamlines years ago ,I found this one recently in my collection ,so put it on a bloodwood streamline :) . You can still get them from HERE ! (http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/pparts.html) just scroll down till you find it :) Cheers John

tdrumnut
15th February 2014, 10:20 AM
Hey Trev,

You know the rules of engagement mate, no pic it never happened ;-) :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

I know Tony, but I did a few pens this week, got one more to finish then I'll take pics of them all and post them, and of course I didn't want to hijack Johns thread either lol

PenTurner
16th February 2014, 02:54 PM
John, variety is the spice of life, and that is spicy! lovely! :2tsup::2tsup:Amos:)

MBUMIK
16th February 2014, 03:04 PM
well someone has been a busy boy, seems like i am off the air for a couple of weeks and there is more posting activity than in the past 3 months

great selection John, they should create a lot of interest

MIK

DaveTTC
22nd March 2014, 12:51 PM
Some nice grain in the timber

did you cast the the non timber ones?

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

gawdelpus
22nd March 2014, 02:41 PM
Some nice grain in the timber

did you cast the the non timber ones?

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

The two slims are commercial blanks,as is the coffee bean blank, the dice and atom I cast using leftover bits from laser cut blanks, and also the threepence is one of my clear casts :)
Too many nice colorful blanks for me to make my own hehe ,I do use color when I cast worthless wood,pine cones ,coastal banksias,and "Punga" NZ Fernwood . Cheers ~ John

plantagenon
24th March 2014, 10:49 AM
Nice looking group of pens John. I must get down to the shed to finish mine off for the next market. I haven't been near it for 2 weeks