PDA

View Full Version : The Phone Rang

Dalboy
15th February 2014, 02:39 AM
The phone rang and a voice on the other end says "Do you want any wood for turnng as I am having a sort out of all my blanks" silly question really anyway the conversation does " OK will be around in a couple of minutes".
And good to his word he pulls up outside opens the boot and says "I have not finished yet would you like more when I have" answer as most on here would say is "Yes please".

Well this is what I ended up with the ruler is a 12" one stood there just for a reference. All I need to do now is go through them and see what types of wood they are. I know there is a piece of Oak.304130304131304132304133304134

wheelinround
15th February 2014, 07:32 AM
Lucky lad

I thought surely some of you fellows would be posting about all the tree's you'd have been chopping up that the floods, winds and rain have brought down.

Tangoman
15th February 2014, 07:35 AM
OMG!!! Half your luck!

Cam

crowie
15th February 2014, 08:41 AM
The phone rang and a voice on the other end says "Do you want any wood for turning as I am having a sort out of all my blanks" silly question really anyway the conversation does " OK will be around in a couple of minutes".
And good to his word he pulls up outside opens the boot and says "I have not finished yet would you like more when I have" answer as most on here would say is "Yes please".

Well this is what I ended up with the ruler is a 12" one stood there just for a reference. All I need to do now is go through them and see what types of wood they are. I know there is a piece of Oak.304130304131304132304133304134

G'Day Derek, You certainly owe that mate a favour, great score.
You must be high & dry, have some spare shed space and a good lady who accepts your collecting.....lol.
I hope some get used on toys as well as turning..
Cheers, crowie

Dalboy
15th February 2014, 09:05 AM
Lucky lad

I thought surely some of you fellows would be posting about all the tree's you'd have been chopping up that the floods, winds and rain have brought down.

Not a lot of trees down in this corner of the UK and luckily

G'Day Derek, You certainly owe that mate a favour, great score.
You must be high & dry, have some spare shed space and a good lady who accepts your collecting.....lol.
I hope some get used on toys as well as turning..
Cheers, crowie

I live on a hill Peter so no flooding:;
I will have to sort the wood storage shed out and the good lady thinks it is great as I will not have to visit the local timber merchants, I also keep all the small pieces of wood for toy making :2tsup::2tsup:

OMG!!! Half your luck!

Cam

Can't wait to see what the other half of my luck:U:U