PDA

View Full Version : Why I have to order long things from Lee Valley - I've been "told"

FenceFurniture
19th February 2014, 08:30 AM
I've never known cats to be fonder of boxes than these three. Whenever I get a delivery there is an immediate investigation as to the suitability of the latest box, and if it comes with paper packing....well that's just party time.

A couple of years ago I ordered some 4' T-Track lengths, and that box was a big success. Ever since then I've been able to see the look of disappointment when the latest arrival is just a square jobbie, but "it'll do". I feel those six eyes boring into me saying "EH! Next time, make sure you order something long!".

So, one does as one has been instructed......

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=304621&d=1392758093

Pretty glad the moaning is over (for the time being).

You see, the preference for a long box is pretty simple - it allows distance between bodies, hence less chance of biffo as one adjusts its comfort position. They are neither tolerant nor mindful of the comfort of others. This, however, is not my preference as I'm rather fond of a bit of cat biffo.

Somehow I don't think my priorities come into it.

chambezio
19th February 2014, 09:04 AM
We have always had cats and anything that russell's, resembles a receptacle (Large mixing bowl), long "tunnels" are good. Anything that gives them cover for an "ambush" they are into it. One lot of kittens we had used to play soccer with a ping-pong ball. What a lively free for all game it was. The guys we have at the moment aren't into soccer but if you were to walk through the house with a piece of string.....you would end up with at least 3 vying for a mouthful of this thin "monster". They may be training them selves for "snake patrol". And yes they have bought into the kitchen a couple of live snakes over the years. One was just before Christmas.