PDA

View Full Version : Pine tree being cut down NOW!

Oldgreybeard
21st February 2014, 09:08 AM
I know that pine in not a favourite wood for turning, but i picked up a few pieces to use for practice.
The nature strip outside the house is full of pieces 300 - 400mm in lenght and up to 500 mm or more in diameter - most cut down the centre

Address is Sherwood Rd Mt Waverley just north of Park Lane. - Don't expect it to be there long.

Bob

pommyphil
21st February 2014, 11:09 AM
What sort of pine is it Bob ? Radiata, Cypress.............:D Huon ?

Oldgreybeard
21st February 2014, 01:56 PM
What sort of pine is it Bob ? Radiata, Cypress.............:D Huon ?

I am no expert on identifying timber, but I think it is Cypress Pine. One thing that you can be sure off- if it was Huon pine I would not be so willing to share it:D

Bob

Oldgreybeard
21st February 2014, 02:59 PM
Can confirm that it is cypress pine. The are still working there, 2 trunks still standing to be cut down this afternoon. Also still plenty on the nature strip.
Bob

fozz
21st February 2014, 08:45 PM
"One thing that you can be sure off- if it was Huon pine I would not be so willing to share it" :o:oo::surprise:

jay h
22nd February 2014, 09:17 AM
Hi Team, I have just driven past and there is still about 60 pieces on the nature strip. Varying sizes average about 400 diameter x 400 long, most of it good clean timber. Jay

Oldgreybeard
24th February 2014, 08:56 AM
If you missed out at the weekend - it had all gone on Saturday - the men are back this morning removing the last trunk and stumps. Should be another 20 + pieces this morning.

Bob

fozz
24th February 2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks Bob, went down an hour ago and got two nice crutch pieces, still a bit there, pity the poor guy who's taking most of it. His driveway is now a huge timber pile :)