PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Tool Sale

Christos
23rd February 2014, 08:23 PM
Today I went to the Sydney tool sale as mention in this thread, http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=181624

More to do with a wonder to see if I wanted anything. I picked up a screwdriver, scraper, multi spanner type thing, some hole saws and some dividers.

Not a great amount of items and would most likely be using only one of the five items.

Two of the five items.

Three of the five items.

Ok Ok

Four of the five items.

Just trying to think if I would have a real use for the fifth item. :U

crowie
23rd February 2014, 08:42 PM
Today I went to the Sydney tool sale as mention in this thread, http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=181624

More to do with a wonder to see if I wanted anything. I picked up a screwdriver, scraper, multi spanner type thing, some hole saws and some dividers.

Not a great amount of items and would most likely be using only one of the five items.

Two of the five items.

Three of the five items.

Ok Ok

Four of the five items.

Just trying to think if I would have a real use for the fifth item. :U

G'Day Christos,
You can never ever ave too many tools so whatever you bout will be used somewhere down the track and when it is you'll be THANKING YOURSELF for the purchase...
Some tools are only used every now and then but without them, forget it... keep on collecting, sir..
Cheers, crowie

Twisted Tenon
24th February 2014, 10:20 PM
At least you got what you wanted Christos, I was looking at a blue Foot Print hand drill which I thought was nifty. Decided to go back and get it and you guessed it, it was gawn.

TT

issatree
25th February 2014, 01:51 AM
Hi Christos,
I'm thinking that the Dividers were a bit dear.
For my $5 I wood have wanted a Pair with the quick nut.
Still, I bet you had a great Day, as I do if I can get to them.
We have the HTPAA Vic. Tool Sale coming up in March.
If anyone is interested, Google HTPAA. Vic.

Heavansabove
25th February 2014, 11:29 AM
Glad people had a good day, the best TTTG Tool Sale so far I think. I was somewhat busy until 11am, but did pick up one item because it was unusual (and priced right) - J Tyzack "Slick Bits" from 1950s (can be dated between 1951 and 1962 because BNT (Brades Nash Tyzack - NOT Bras N Things) was an entity only during those years. Of course the bits may have been developed earlier.

Sort of like Spade bits except the cutting edges are sloped towards the centre rather than flat. The bits are attached to the shaft with the Allen Key. These are unused, still with the original grease it looks like. Anyone know anything about them? Are they always found unused? If so probably an indication of usefulness.

Cheers
Peter

see you at the next Tool Sale in February 2015.