PDA

View Full Version : South Perth Mens Shed.

BobL
24th February 2014, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to say that I joined the South Perth Mens shed today. I've looked around and a few Men's sheds and they all had their +/- but this one has the advantage of literally being 5 minutes away from home.

They are currently operating out of the Como SHS manual arts centre one morning and one afternoon a week until their new shed is constructed at a seniors centre in Manning. Right now they are collecting tools and machinery which are all crammed into a couple of single garages garages. So far they have 3 WW lathes, a couple of thicknessers, a TS and pile of Triton gear and a planer, a scroll saw, a SCMS and a few other bits and pieces. The recently got a heap of hand tools from one of the prisons (It was interesting to see how unused the files were :D) - It's all old stuff and needs sorting out and there is nowhere really to put it.

Today I helped make some shelves for a prototype "peoples public library". This is were books with embedded chips in them are just left in public locations like bus stops and shopping centres and people can take them and return them when ever they like. I'm not quite sure how this stops them from getting totally nicked.

I like working alone in my own shed and I don't really need another activity but SWMBO likes it because it gets me out and about and I though I could at least help out. The guys are a good bunch of blokes so if you are living near the area and are interested and want more info or an an introduction I am happy to do so.

issatree
25th February 2014, 01:40 AM
Hi BobL,
Glad to hear you have joined up with a Shed.
There are a lot of Chaps that need a hand from Experienced People like Yourself.

We had a great deal of Luck a fortnight ago, for " The Geelong Comm. Mens Shed ". Vic.
My wife & I went to see this lady whose Hubby had left 5 yrs. ago, for that Great Place up there.

Come into the Garage. All of that stuff you can have for your Mens Shed.
The Best bit was, A 1950's, 3ft. all up Metal Lathe by Myford, most likely an M7, & in good Nick.

Thought She had wanted to sell it, but no, it was to be Ours.
Many Many hand tools, a Router, Scroll Saw, 7¼in. Saw, Spanners galore & the list goes on.

We are very Grateful to this Lady, & when the Lathe is cleaned up, we are going to pick her up & have her sit with us for a Cuppa & Bikkies, & Show off her Lathe.

It is amazing the amount of Donations The Sheds receive, from all walks of Life.

BobL
25th February 2014, 12:32 PM
Although I'm attending mainly to help there are at least 4 ex-manual arts teacher members so I'm hoping to pick up quite a few pointers myself.

Good score on the tools isa'

We are very Grateful to this Lady, & when the Lathe is cleaned up, we are going to pick her up & have her sit with us for a Cuppa & Bikkies, & Show off her Lathe.

Might be good if some of the blokes were to whip up a nick-nack from it and present it to her when you invite her in.

BobL
1st April 2014, 10:21 PM
We are reviewing our fees and charges for our next budget and are interested to see what other mens sheds charge per year/day/attendance, morning T etc.
If you don't wish to post here a PM would be much appreciated. Yes I could dig out the email addresses and email a bunch of men's sheds but I thought this might get a wider response.

issatree
2nd April 2014, 12:06 AM
Hi BobL,
Very surprising, that we are in one of the most Disadvantaged Areas in Geelong, & we only have a couple of Chaps from this area. Not sure what the Problem is.
We ask $25 per year, but at this time we are only open Wed. 9am. to 4pm. We don't charge for Tea or Coffee. Bikkies are only there if someone brings them.
I know some of the other Sheds ask a lot more, & charge for a Cuppa & Bikkies.
Some of us may take Scones or a Sponge or similar, & we are a happy bunch of approx. 28, but only get 13 - 19 Attendees.
There are 15 / 16 Sheds in Our Area, & they have a Cluster Meeting every few months, to work out any Problems. Starting a little to Political for my liking.
We got rid of OH&S, & have in place Duty Of Care.

BobL
8th July 2014, 06:32 PM
Just a note to say that the new building for the South Perth Mens Shed has commenced.
The location is next to the Manning Senior Citizens centre (corner of Downey and Ley St) just off Manning Road in Manning.
The workshop area is quite modest (14 x 7 m) but we do have a 6+ x 3 m store, office, kitchen and bathroom plus access to a bus garage as a mobile work are.
Meanwhile we are still operating out of the Como SHS manual arts centre and new members are welcome.
Feel free to rock up at any time to meet the guys but if you need a personal intro or would me to show you around just send me a PM.

Template Tom
14th July 2014, 01:13 PM
Just a note to say that the new building for the South Perth Mens Shed has commenced.
The location is next to the Manning Senior Citizens centre (corner of Downey and Ley St) just off Manning Road in Manning.
The workshop area is quite modest (14 x 7 m) but we do have a 6+ x 3 m store, office, kitchen and bathroom plus access to a bus garage as a mobile work are.
Meanwhile we are still operating out of the Como SHS manual arts centre and new members are welcome.
Feel free to rock up at any time to meet the guys but if you need a personal intro or would me to show you around just send me a PM.

Days and times of opening?????

BobL
14th July 2014, 01:42 PM
Days and times of opening?????

Sorry about that.

Mondays 12:30 till 4 pm
Fridays 9:30am till 12:30
Hours are restricted because we are operating out of a school (Como SHS) environment.
Once we get our own place the hours will be significantly extended.

Also there is requirement for all visitors (and Shed members) to check into and sign off at the School Admin.
They bring either you down to the Shed or get someone to come up to meet you.
If you want I can meet anyone that is interested in a visit.
PM me if you wish

If you come by yourself ask for Ron (Shed Coordinator) or me.

Cheers

Sawdust Maker
14th July 2014, 06:19 PM
Interesting my SWMBO wanted me to go to the local mens shed - said I needed someone to talk to rather than the radio :doh:

We've just upped our yearly rates to cover insurance and is now $50 per year
we also throw in a gold coin each visit to cover tea and biccies etc
opens three days per week 10 - 3
interesting bunch of chaps with skills from non existent to pretty good

BobL
14th July 2014, 08:14 PM
Interesting my SWMBO wanted me to go to the local mens shed - said I needed someone to talk to rather than the radio :doh:

It takes me forever to get anything done at the Mens Shed. Can't find the tool, when you find it it needs attention, get distracted and start talking with one of the blokes etc etc.
Then again, productivity is a secondary aim and the first one is social so that's OK then.

One of the blokes at the shed gave me a small Honda Genset today - said he was cleaning up and didn't need it. 10 Years old, hardly been used - perfect to run the fridge on the camper if we go off road.

John Saxton
17th July 2014, 08:45 PM
One of the blokes at the shed gave me a small Honda Genset today - said he was cleaning up and didn't need it. 10 Years old, hardly been used - perfect to run the fridge on the camper if we go off road.

Thats a nice gesture Bob,they come in handy here in the west with the intermittent power disruptions this time of the year.So are handy at home as well we needed ours the other night ,wife gets nervous with any power outages regarding large freezers !

Cheers:U

BobL
18th July 2014, 12:27 AM
Thats a nice gesture Bob,they come in handy here in the west with the intermittent power disruptions this time of the year.So are handy at home as well we needed ours the other night ,wife gets nervous with any power outages regarding large freezers !

Cheers:U

Yes there is a good spirit of friendliness and sharing at the shed and good point about the freezer.

bookend
27th July 2014, 09:51 PM
Any idea when the Manning premises will open Bob? I can't get there with the current opening hours.

BobL
27th July 2014, 10:06 PM
Any idea when the Manning premises will open Bob? I can't get there with the current opening hours.

Completion date is said to be sometime in Nov.

What times would suit you?

issatree
27th July 2014, 11:32 PM
Hi to all & BobL, Bob I showed our Shed Boys your writings of how a D E System should work, as it woodn't with 4in. tubing. So now we have 8in Steel down to 4in pieces on the angle to go to different machines. The weak part is we are using Vac. Hose, & it is to weak for suction. Went out Fri. 75mm. piece Flex. Tubing 5M. long $16 a M. = $80, & we meed 2 pieces. Don't think the Boys will come at that. Thank you for all your knowledge, as we put it to great use.

bookend
28th July 2014, 10:23 PM
4-7pm weekdays would be good and some time on the weekend would be even better for me but I'm really thinking about guys who are working but would like to come down.

There are lots of older guys out there who have a lot of skills to share and belong to woodworking groups and there are many guys who would love to learn from them but can't make it during the set times. The Western Australian Woodturning Association is a case in point. Nowhere local to me seems to meet outside of work hours.

BobL
28th July 2014, 11:48 PM
4-7pm weekdays would be good and some time on the weekend would be even better for me but I'm really thinking about guys who are working but would like to come down.

There are lots of older guys out there who have a lot of skills to share and belong to woodworking groups and there are many guys who would love to learn from them but can't make it during the set times. The Western Australian Woodturning Association is a case in point. Nowhere local to me seems to meet outside of work hours.

We understand after hours access is of interest to a number of folks but it's currently not possible for us because we are operating out of Como Secondary College and our use of their facilities requires Como staff to be present on site at all times we are there.

When we move to the Manning senior citizens centre site in November it will be a requirement that for us to open the shed be supervised by someone with appropriate skills (workshop, med certificate, OHS aware, etc). We don't have the funding to employ paid supervisors and we will have to roster trained volunteer supervisors onto times that suit the majority members. Since every current member is a retiree I doubt that after hours times will be available. I guess it all sounds a bit " chicken and egg" , so I would be interested in hearing from anyone else that would find an after hours time useful to them and if enough people materialise I can always take it to the Committee. The other thing I can propose is that we trial an after hours opening time and if we get swamped with members then we may be able to find persons suitable to be supervisors from the extra members.

We can always use more talent but we already have many ex-tradies an talented members, some with 40+ years of experience in trades.

bookend
29th July 2014, 05:12 PM
We can always use more talent but we already have many ex-tradies an talented members, some with 40+ years of experience in trades.

Fair enough about the supervision restrictions. I didn't understand the "but" in the above comment though.

BobL
29th July 2014, 09:19 PM
Fair enough about the supervision restrictions. I didn't understand the "but" in the above comment though.

Sorry that didn't come out the way I intended.

What I meant to say was we have plenty of skilled people amongst the current membership, but not all skilled people want to be supervisors. Some are skilled in only a couple of areas of the workshop and/or may not want the responsibility to show others or come on a regular basis to be a supervisor. So talent is not a problem but folks prepared to be regular supervisors might be.

bookend
31st July 2014, 01:15 AM
That's all fine Bob.

I didn't mean sharing advice in a supervisor role though. I just meant a few lads having a chat and making suggestions if asked. Lots of people, including me, get a kick out of offering advice when it is seen as useful.

Nothing formal or requiring commitment.

BobL
31st July 2014, 10:39 AM
That's all fine Bob.
I didn't mean sharing advice in a supervisor role though. I just meant a few lads having a chat and making suggestions if asked. Lots of people, including me, get a kick out of offering advice when it is seen as useful.
Nothing formal or requiring commitment.

No worries.

Suggestions or advice from some of the more experienced members is extremely valuable and we encourage all members to bring up problems or ask for ideas about how to do things and that seems to work really well. Currently 90% of what we are doing is refurbishing old gear to get it ready for the new shed so there are not that many member generated projects but that is slowly changing.

The first time I went along I saw a bunch of old stuff that needed a lot of work and the members didn't seem to know much and I almost did not go back. However, In terms of knowledge I turned out to be very wrong and have learned quite a bit from the ex-manual arts teachers and tradies. Just watching these guys working is useful as you see how efficient they are, especially compared to my "blue fly" method of working. :D

BobL
11th August 2014, 09:03 PM
Today we had the famous TemplateTom come along and show the guys a few pointers about safe use of routers and templates. The guys were very impressed with Tom's Knowledge and easy going style and he might have even convinced a couple of our metal workers to pick up a router!

I can thoroughly recommend Tom for demos to any Mens shed as he is sure to get your guys talking about this sort of stuff.

So thanks again Tom. :2tsup:

Template Tom
14th August 2014, 11:43 AM
Today we had the famous TemplateTom come along and show the guys a few pointers about safe use of routers and templates. The guys were very impressed with Tom's Knowledge and easy going style and he might have even convinced a couple of our metal workers to pick up a router!

I can thoroughly recommend Tom for demos to any Mens shed as he is sure to get your guys talking about this sort of stuff.

So thanks again Tom. :2tsup:

Thank you BobL for those kind remarks As you would have seen from the great variety of samples I had on display there is a need to learn how the template guides added to the router will increase the potential of the router in any workshop. It wa a great pleasure attending and hopefully I will return when you get into the new shed.
At the beginning of the year I conducted a couple of seminars introducing the template guides and it is my intension of introducind some more later in the year
Tom
Note; The Name Template Tom was given to me when I was teaching people who are Blind how to use the router I supplied all the Templates for them

BobL
22nd August 2014, 09:05 PM
Just a pic to show how the new shed is progressing.

Pad is down and the steel work is just about done.
It's about 12 x 19 m all up although that includes a 4 x 6.5 m storeroom, a 4 x 3m office and a 9 x 4 m of kitchen, tearoom and ablution facilities, and a 4 x 8 m garage for the senior citizens bus.
The main workshop space is ~15m x 8m but we can also move the bus and use the garage as temporary work space while we are there.

Estimated completion date is early December.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=323182&stc=1

Burnsy
23rd August 2014, 12:14 AM
Should make the tea room on a mezanine through the middle so the tea drnkers can sit and heckle the workers below.

issatree
23rd August 2014, 02:08 AM
Hi BobL,
Sure looks great, but I am thinking that maybe there is room for an Extension, at a later date.
Every Shed I have been to, have all run out of room, so it seems no matter how big it is, it is still not big enough.
For our Machine Shop, I asked if they wood Blow all the Shavings into the Walls, no they put this other crap in & when the Thicknesser is going, you can't hear yourself talk.
An old mate of mine did that to his Shed, & believe me you could walk up to his Shed & you could not hear a thing, so those Shaving & Sawdust, are the way to go.
If you are afraid of Fire, it will still go up no matter what.

BobL
23rd August 2014, 10:12 AM
Should make the tea room on a mezanine through the middle so the tea drnkers can sit and heckle the workers below.
We are looking at a mezzanine floor but unlike some sheds that can fund a lift we'll have to use stairs and several of our members can barely walk so that space can't be a tea room.

Sure looks great, but I am thinking that maybe there is room for an Extension, at a later date.
Yep plenty of room there.

For our Machine Shop, I asked if they wood Blow all the Shavings into the Walls, no they put this other crap in & when the Thicknesser is going, you can't hear yourself talk.
An old mate of mine did that to his Shed, & believe me you could walk up to his Shed & you could not hear a thing, so those Shaving & Sawdust, are the way to go.
If you are afraid of Fire, it will still go up no matter what.

The building is owned by the Council so there's no way they would let us do that. The main workshop area comes unlined. These walls are part brick and part insulated Colourbond. We plan to line the internal walls with plywood but up to 2.4m high. .

BobL
22nd September 2014, 10:05 PM
The two walls that are in brick are complete and the roof is on
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=326256&stc=1

One of the two Colorbond walls are done.
That's a store room entrance on the left and the main shed on the right .
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=326257&stc=1

BobL
11th December 2014, 05:11 PM
Just an update on the mens shed.

It was supposed to be completed last friday but there has been a minor hiccup with the sewage connection so it will be officially handed over next Tuesday. Not too bad I supposed given the complexity of the sewage connection which I won't go into.

Then we will be getting the workshop floor sealed just before Xmas so I guess it will be mid January before we kick off with the installation of the gear.

I'll post some pics of the completed shed next week.

The grand opening is planner for sometime in March. In that week we will also be hosting an open day. I'll post details here as soon as I get them

BobL
17th December 2014, 01:58 PM
The key handover was yesterday so there was a small ceremony.

Still no sewage connection but that should be completed by friday.
Then we have to wait for the floor sealing to be done - so that means we won't get in there till after Xmas.

There is still some rubbish to clean up and external fencing to be removed so I'll wait to take photos of the shed until its all cleaned up

Meanwhile couple of snaps of the handover.

Some opening remarks by the Manning senior citizens president, Magistrate Rob Burton - our shed is part of the Manning senior citizens centre which is next door.
Here we are in one corner of the workshop floor.
The windows show through to the shed office and kitchen areas
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334482&stc=1

Mike King the builder hands the keys over to Rob Uphill, chairman of the Mens Shed Group.
The person that came up with the original idea for the shed is the woman in red (Hillary) - originally it was going to be bus garage for the senior citizens centre bus but Hillary suggested it be combined with a mens shed.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334483&stc=1

BobL
22nd December 2014, 11:24 PM
The shed was finished yesterday and we were able to have our Xmas party today in the new shed.
We had about 40 people there and it was a great day.

This is the main workshop floor.
The floor has been sanded, resin sealed, and the painted .
It looks slippery but it's a non slip finish.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334774&stc=1
Kitchen and crib area
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334773&stc=1

This area is the garage that has to house the Senior Citizens bus but even when the bus in in there is 4m of storage space at one end and we can move the bus out and uses the space on working days.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334771&stc=1

This is the 4m x 6.5 m store
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334772&stc=1

KBs PensNmore
23rd December 2014, 12:07 AM
Glad to see that it is finally open for business, now comes the hard part, fitting out and placement of machinery.
Kryn

issatree
23rd December 2014, 12:51 AM
Hi Bob,
All I can say, that is one Magnificent Shed.
We were a bit late in doing our floor, but it is sealed now, but has a few soiled marks underneath.
We may even be thinking of putting in a Mezzanine Floor.
I hope it happens, as ours is a bit like yours only the other way round.
It wood certainly open up the place, & make a lot more room.
Of course that takes that folding stuff, which is hard to come by.
Well you all deserve the best Christmas possible, So All The Best.

issatree
23rd December 2014, 12:55 AM
Hi Bob,
All I can that is a magnificent Shed.
We were a bit late in doing our floor, but it is sealed now, but has a few soiled marks underneath.
We may even be thinking of putting in a Mezzanine Floor.
I hope it happens, as ours is a bit like yours only the other way round.
It wood certainly open up the place, & make a lot more room.
Of course that takes that folding stuff, which is hard to come by.
Well you all deserve the best Christmas possible, So All The Best.

BobL
23rd December 2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks Guys, we are very pleased with the outcome although a little embarrassed about how fancy it is.

We did trade a few small items of "finish" for extra 3 phase power and wished we could have done more of this.

I will take some photos of the exterior once the builders fence has been removed.

issatree
23rd December 2014, 03:36 PM
Hi Bob & Everybody,
Well, what can I say, I must have been super impressed as somehow I got printed Twice. Anyway I think it may have deserved it. HO HO HO.

Christos
23rd December 2014, 04:50 PM
Now that is a great result.

BobL
24th January 2015, 10:13 AM
While I was away down south after new year the lads started moving into the new Mens shed. They have now set up the benches around the walls and installed some of the smaller machines. Next week we start on the big machines.

The other good news is it looks like we can get to keep our sea container and can turn it into a bit of a materials store room so that means we can use the new store room as a metal work room. It's only 6.5 x 3.5 m but it means we will be able to keep the metal cutting, grinding and welding dust out of the woody area.

Still heaps of stuff to do but we picked up 4 new members during the week and we don't even officially open until next week.

I will post some pics of the setup when I next bring my camera along.

BobL
30th January 2015, 07:16 PM
Today was the big move of the remaining big machinery from the old shed to the new one (sorry no picks of the move)

38º day, one 10 ton truck with 3.5t Hiab,
Machines moved were
- one 12" planer/thicknesser, 12" circular, combination machine
- one 10" planer/thicknesser, 10" circular,combination machine
- one 6" planer/thicknesser, 10" circular, combination machine
- one upright cutting 14" metal cutting BS
- one 16: wood cutting BS
- one 15" 4HP metal cut-off saw
- one fly press
- one old school 24" sandstone grinder.
- one pantograph
- assorted large pieces of steel and pipe.

Many thanks to Jeff my tree lopper mate for donating his time and truck to do the job.

Still lots of crap in the old shed to sort out but now it's full steam ahead to get the new shed set up.

Template Tom
17th February 2015, 09:39 PM
Called round this morning to see the latest update on the Shed and also to inform members that Timbecon have reopened for business in Canning Vale also they will be having the Grand re-opening on the 14th March at 8.30am The New owners are the original Owners and I look forward to see Ross get the business back to what it was some years ago. The address is Canvale rd in the Canningvale Industrial Estate
Template Tom

BobL
27th February 2015, 08:21 PM
The South Perth (actually its the Manning) mens shed is having an open day on Friday March 6 from 9 to 4 pm.
Location is corner of Downey and Ley Sts in Manning.

Our shed "fit out" is far from completed but with the official opening a few days before hand this is about as clean as it's going to be for some time so we thought we'd have an open day.

All are welcome.
See you there.

BobL
24th July 2015, 10:42 PM
Well after a lot of hard work by many of the blokes the South Perth (Manning) Men's shed is slowly coming together into a more workable situation where the blokes can do projects other than fixing up stuff for the shed.

To make room we disposed of about 1/3rd of the machinery - we had 7 drill presses (we gave away 3 but have since got 2 more!), 7 table saws (now 4), and we have a few more machines to dispose of.

We have had a few disagreements with the City council but most of these are getting sorted one way or another.
Our plan to install our DC and compressor outside in a lean to sound proof enclosure has been suspended while the Council review and have their engineers study the enclosure structure - I'm not holding my breath on this one

Our current opening hours are
Mon: 8:30 – 12: Woodworking class, 1 – 4:30: General Shed session
Tue: 8:30 – 12: Woodturning class
Wed: 8:30 - 12: Metal Work class. 1 – 4:30: Children’s Furniture and Toy projects
Fri: 8:30 - 12: General Shed session, 1 – 4:30: Engine Room, maintenance and setting up

Friday mornings is my turn for supervision. This usually mean I get nothing done as I have to find jobs for some members, help members find tools and materials, solve problems and help them as required. Also if prospective members and visitors turn up the supervisors have to manage these as well.

Today there were 15 members present and they all seemed to get on and do things without much supervision so I managed to get some electrical testing and tagging done.

Here are a few photos to show what it looks like. Many of the machines are now on wheels so they can be used outside which reduces dust and noise.

A few guys were outside paving around the shed and a couple of blokes were in the metal work area.

This is the main workshop where mainly wood working is done.
They are hard to see but there are two flying fox leads for overhead electrical access that runs down the middle of the workshop area.http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=353643&stc=1

This is the metal working area - it was supposed to be our store room but apart from fixings storage in those blue drawers on the right we have a 40 ft shipping container for materiel storage
Note the flying fox leads in this area as well.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=353641&stc=1

A couple of the lads testing the 12" thicknesser in this combo machine.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=353642&stc=1

Jimb0b
28th July 2015, 11:15 PM
BobL,

this is may sound like a strange question, but is there an age limit for attending/joining/participating in a Men's Shed?

i have always been curious but also reluctant to actually go and have a look as I am concerned that I may be too young (I'm early 30's) or somehow not fit the requirements.

Like I said, it may seem strange but it's easier and less intimidating to ask here.

BobL
28th July 2015, 11:48 PM
BobL,
this is may sound like a strange question, but is there an age limit for attending/joining/participating in a Men's Shed?
i have always been curious but also reluctant to actually go and have a look as I am concerned that I may be too young (I'm early 30's) or somehow not fit the requirements.
Like I said, it may seem strange but it's easier and less intimidating to ask here.

There is no age limit to be a shed member - well that is not quite correct. Our insurance covers ages between 8 and 95!
However, members under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Our shed is part of the Manning Senior Citizens centre and to join the centre you are supposed to be 55 or older.
However, we have an exemption from this requirement for shed members.

So come along and see for yourself what we are up to. I'm there on Fridays if you want a personal tour :)

BobL
14th January 2016, 09:34 PM
Shed is not open to members for another two weeks but today I got a call from a member saying "Allwood" in Cannington were wanting to get rid of "a few large sheets of 16mm MDF" so I assumed 2.4 x 1.2 m sheets and drove over in my van only to find there were over 100 sheets from 300 to 600 mm wide and 2.4 to 3.6 m long so I then had to go and get my trailer.

The MDF had been crates so they had screw holes along the edges but otherwise they were in good condition.

The photo shpws the first load of ~40 sheets. I worked out that load was ~700 kg of MDF.
There was another 60 sheets (1050kg) to pick up after that.
Including picking up and dropping off the trailer at my son's place where I store it, the job took me all day and worked up a good sweat unloading the ~1800 kg.
It looks like we will have enough MDF to last at least a decade

issatree
15th January 2016, 12:32 AM
Hi BobL,
You will be able to find something to make or use with all that MDF.
Our Chaps have just made another 2 Work Benches, & how we got Approx. 35 around the Room for Our Christmas Breakup I don't know.
Serious thoughts now of a Mezzanine Floor, Hurray.
As I said before, your Shed is Magnificent & a Credit to you all.
So what if it looks a bit to classy, all the better I say.