PDA

View Full Version : Tool shops in Melb.

joseph84
10th June 2005, 10:18 PM
Hi
Does anyone know of any good places in Melbourne where i can buy tools? Im just starting out and looking for some where that not only are the prices decent but have good customer service and know what there talking about.
I use to go to Carbatec in Richmond before they closed, i found there prices pretty good but when ever it came to what i wanted they never had it!!

So can any one give me reccomendations please?

Joseph

Gumby
10th June 2005, 10:26 PM
It depends on where you are and what you want to buy. For machinery, call in at Hafco in Springvale or Woodworkers Warehouse in Breaside.

Gustec are in bayswater which is the old carbatec mob.

joseph84
10th June 2005, 10:46 PM
Im from Altona in Melbourne, I dont mind travelling as long as i know its worth it.

Toggy
10th June 2005, 10:58 PM
There's a place right on your doorstep in Kororoit Crk Rd.

I'm sure someone else who uses it will post the name. There has only been praise for it.

Ken

joseph84
10th June 2005, 11:07 PM
I think its called econowield. I been there twice and twice they treated me like an idiot. They are really unorganized. I got quoted the wrong price for a nail gun and went to all the trouble of going home getting the money, when i returned the lady goes you cant have it for that price! Im never going back to that shop. My dad purchased a cordless drill a while back from the same place, had to throw it out cause it was that sh%#!!

Gumby
10th June 2005, 11:12 PM
Get Woodworking in Kororite Creek Road Altona

joseph84
10th June 2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah i heard of them, il pay them a visit when i get a chance and report back :)

Phil Spencer
11th June 2005, 08:33 PM
Im from Altona in Melbourne, I dont mind travelling as long as i know its worth it.Hi Joseph

Talk to Roy Green at Get Woodworking in Kororoite Creek Road near the Mobil Refinery two doors up from the sex shop. He and help you with classes and equipment.

Regards

Phil Spencer

PS: If he carries on about beaing full up tell him I said that was BS:)

Gumby
11th June 2005, 08:35 PM
Hi Joseph

Talk to Roy Green at Get Woodworking in Kororoite Creek Road near the Mobil Refinery two doors up from the sex shop.

I'm not saying a word !
:D

joseph84
11th June 2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks Phil, Ive heard that guy is too honest :P Il go sometime this week and checkout what his got and prices

cheers

Lucas
18th June 2005, 11:39 AM
Went to see Roy at Get Woodworking last saturday

Top bloke treats you excellent and seems around the same prices as most others
worth giving Roy a go

kiwigeo
19th June 2005, 12:15 AM
I'm not saying a word !

Well if you wont then I will..temptation is just to great

The woodworking shop is 2 doors up from the woodie shop.

boban
19th June 2005, 01:48 AM
Well thats convenient, timber and tools in one handy location

gatiep
19th June 2005, 02:19 AM
Im from Altona in Melbourne, I dont mind travelling as long as i know its worth it.
Hi Joseph. Welcome mate ( name sake ). I'm so happy reading your reply ( as quoted above ) as I started getting a complex about some of my name sakes on here. Hope you find what you need, unfortunately I cannot help with shops in Melbourne as I live in a foreign country.......Wate Awhile's capital called Perth.

Enjoy whats left of the weekend!

Ashes
23rd March 2008, 10:54 AM
I'll vouch for Roy at Get Woodworking as well. A1 bloke with a real good workshop out the back. I did a basic course there a few years ago and had a ball...and that was before the other shop opened up nearby!

kman-oz
23rd March 2008, 11:10 AM
Way to dig up an old thread Ashes1, it's been nearly three years! :)

I had no idea there was a shop worth visiting so close to me. If it's where I'm thinking then it's only 20 minutes away! Open on the weekends?

Dave.

Ashes
23rd March 2008, 11:27 AM
Your'e welcome :U

Was searching for another thing and this came up in my list. Didn't even think to check the last post date:oo: Hope he's still there, haven't been there in a while!

Groggy
23rd March 2008, 11:47 AM
Dave, you haven't been to Roy's? Where have you been? Head to Williamstown down Kororoit Creek Road. Go past the smelly refineries and turn right just over the (2nd) railway line. Yellow facia with red sign, next door to the adult book shop.

Do not do what I did - driving around late at night doing a tour with some exchange students. As we go past Roy's I say "My favourite shop is over there!" - silence....

My son says "he means the woodworking shop". "Oh, right.."

They didn't sound convinced :- .

kman-oz
23rd March 2008, 08:49 PM
Dave, you haven't been to Roy's? Where have you been?

I'm just as surprised as you are Greg! The fella I get most of my timber from is only spitting distance from Roy's place, a little further east on KC Road, I must have driven past Roy's a hundred times.

The crucial question is; is he open on the weekend?

Groggy
23rd March 2008, 10:31 PM
I'm just as surprised as you are Greg! The fella I get most of my timber from is only spitting distance from Roy's place, a little further east on KC Road, I must have driven past Roy's a hundred times.

The crucial question is; is he open on the weekend?On Saturday mornings and early afternoons. Ring him and ask, he does vary occasionally.

Ron Dunn
23rd March 2008, 10:44 PM
My favourite place for power tools is Just Tools, in South Melbourne. I've always had good service and good prices.