PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on how to sharpen a saw blade

sprog1
28th February 2014, 11:21 PM
Hi, I asked on this forum a while ago about the best blade for my radial arm saw to cut melamine & particle board & after the advice I got, I bought from Carb a Tec a fine cut off saw blade. It cuts excellent & leaves a good finish, but how do you sharpen it? I have never before had to sharpen a blade, I've always taken them to saw doctors, but I live in Thailand, & nothing is ever that simple over here. I have been to all the local one's & they all say the same thing, can't do. I then tried my local hardware store to see if I could buy my own machine to sharpen it, but none will do the correct angles of 40 deg.
Has anyone any idea's?
Thanks

China
1st March 2014, 01:31 AM
If you can't get it sharpened localy you only have two options post it to a location that can sharpen it or as you have already suggested buy your own machine

if you google it you find a endless list of machines, from domestic to industrial and all inbetween, maybe get a industrial job and start sharpening saws

sprog1
1st March 2014, 02:06 AM
If you can't get it sharpened localy you only have two options post it to a location that can sharpen it or as you have already suggested buy your own machine

if you google it you find a endless list of machines, from domestic to industrial and all inbetween, maybe get a industrial job and start sharpening saws
Hi China, there must be someone in Thailand who can sharpen it, but has yet, we haven't been able to find them. Buying a machine looks like it's going to be the only option. Thanks all the same. Ron