PDA

View Full Version : Gday all

calloh
2nd March 2014, 09:07 PM
Gday everyone. Im Ryan or Calloh as im called. Im a 22 year old father of an 18 month old girl Lyla. And have another on the way, though very early days, less than 2 months. Ive been with my partner since we were 15. Im an operator at an aluminium extrusion plant in the Hunter Valley, NSW.

I bought my own house just last year and am just now trying to get my own small workshop and tools to get started with woodworking. I love timber, I want to be able to make anything I want at a really high quality (one day). I signed up here to get some advice on where to start. I dont have many tools yet but slowly want to have all I need. I was looking up what book to buy. Sort of an ultimate guide or a woodworking bible I can always refer to for the proper advice.

I look forward to gaining knowledge and one day handing down my knowledge.

Thanks.

crowie
2nd March 2014, 09:26 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Ryan" ....
There are quite a few members in Hunter area and they have had a few ''get together's'' too....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork..
Cheers crowie

PS _ Check out the toymaking & scale modeling section of the forum for some ideas for your little one......
Also keep an eye out for 'garage sales', 'clearance sales' and 'deceased estates' to help bluster your tool collection.....
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f201/?styleid=42
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f174/?styleid=42

old1955
3rd March 2014, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Ryan.

tdrumnut
3rd March 2014, 11:47 AM
Welcome aboard Ryan.

Christos
3rd March 2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the forum. We all have to start somewhere, you are just getting your hands dirty so to speak. It does not all have to be done at once and I can tell you the tools will come little by little.

JJF
5th March 2014, 08:01 AM
welcome to the forum.

Perfect Pens
8th March 2014, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the forums Ryan:2tsup:
Enjoy
Tony