PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy from Norway

samthedog
10th March 2014, 07:26 AM
Hello folks, greetings from Norway. I am an Aussie who moved to Norway about 7 years ago with my Norwegian wife. Having come from a family where my dad was a woodworker in Central Queensland, I have always enjoyed woodworking. When I started to look around in Norway I found a goldmine of old wood and metal working machines with European pedigree.

I have just picked up a Wadkin AGS 10 with the sliding table and the HP motor. This is a bit of a renovation project as the fence is a bit flimsy and there are a few little bits that need some repairs. I have a garage workshop with a mill, lathe, welders, bandsaws etc... so most repairs are able to be done in house.

Anyway, that's it from me for now. I will see if I can post some pictures and show off some of my toys.

Paul.

crowie
10th March 2014, 09:14 AM
G'Day & Welcome from the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Paul".
There are quite a few members from across the Europe and the rest of the world.....
Personally, I'll always welcome ''banana benders''....lol.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork and tool collection.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

PS - Keep warm....

old1955
10th March 2014, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Paul.

samthedog
10th March 2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks gents. Banana bender :U I have no real response to that since I have no idea how we have done in the rugby league arena... I don't do a great deal of wood working anymore but have certainly not lost the interest in collecting the machines. I am currently working on the table saw and am on the prowl for a planer / thicknesser. I will post pictures of my shop as this may interest folks.

tdrumnut
10th March 2014, 07:52 PM
Great to have you aboard Paul

Perfect Pens
11th March 2014, 04:11 AM
Welcome Paul,

Enjoy working your way through these great forums :2tsup: And I for one look forward to seeing photos of your workshop and European equipment for sure :D
Thanks
Tony

samthedog
11th March 2014, 06:31 AM
I'll get some photos up as soon as I have passed 5 posts. Most forums have a minimum 5 post limit for posting up pictures.I am a little light on for woodworking machines at the moment as I have just sold my Inca bandsaw and thicknesser/planer.

JJF
11th March 2014, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum

Christos
12th March 2014, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.