PDA

View Full Version : New wood whisperer from Sydney

Mins
11th March 2014, 11:00 AM
Hey Gals,

Mins here! Just thought I'd pop a thread on here and introduce myself! I'm a fellow wood crazy mum who's passion is taking over.... I would be in my workshop 24/7 if I had the chance!

Currently trying to juggle my shop time with caring for my 16month old son and managing the household is quite the challenge as I'm sure many of you would agree so most of my shop time is nights & weekends.

I would love to meet some like minded women woodworkers who can share my sawdust passion and lingo. Better still... Find a women's woodworking club in Sydney (if there is such a thing?). I currently belong to a club, but I do feel a little out-numbered sometimes as I am the only female.

Jump on and say hi if your keen, I'd love to hear from you :)

wheelinround
11th March 2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome aboard good to see your giving it more than a go. There are still a few ladies lurking here on the forum lets hope they can help.

As far as I know I have not heard of aldies only woodworkers in Sydney. Sturt wood school down in Mittagong do have classes for ladies

Ray

Featherwood
12th March 2014, 09:53 PM
Hi Mins,
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another lady join in!
Yeh, I know what it's like juggling kids and running a household and trying to fit in shed time. My boys are all adults now and I only have two left at home so I'm in the shed more these days:yippy:. Don't worry, the older they get the more shed time you get:clap2:.
I tried a wood working group years ago but the day I went it was also all guys...yeh a bit out numbered - needless to say I was too chicken to go back.
I found this forum and have learnt heaps and there are some really nice and helpful people here.
Hope you have fun.:U

Ges
7th May 2014, 04:28 PM
Hi Mins,
Try Western Sydney Woodturners at Lalor Park. Lots of Ladies there and all of the Male Members are very helpful and will never intimidate a Female. Lots of Respect for us Ladies.
Speaking from experience.