PDA

View Full Version : flesh tunnel stretchers organic

chuck1
14th March 2014, 02:25 PM
I was asked to make flesh tunnel stretchers 12mm diameter and 50mm long! not sure how many I'm going to do. seems to be some interest in the timber ones

rather than start a new post I just added a few photos of what I just turned!
thanks for looking any x and c welcome as I don't have anything pierced

Christos
14th March 2014, 05:21 PM
I can see the very fine work that goes into these and for that I say well done. Personally I am just not sure if I would like to wear one?

Pat
14th March 2014, 05:37 PM
Chuck, they look like golf tees :;

rwbuild
14th March 2014, 06:49 PM
I ABSOLUTELY HATE anything to do with body piercing or tattoo's

chuck1
14th March 2014, 08:25 PM
thanks! I'm not Big on piercing but would like more tools and they can sell well I'm giving it a go also uses up scrap timber that may be binned due to being small.

TTIT
14th March 2014, 10:34 PM
Hmmmm :think: I've got some Cooktown Ironwood I could make a few from - anyone want to try them :U

hughie
16th March 2014, 04:30 PM
I suppose 10 years from now when this sort of thing is longer cool, surgery will be the only answer

tea lady
16th March 2014, 06:15 PM
I suppose 10 years from now when this sort of thing is longer cool, surgery will be the only answerI think it is already more than 10 years since this "fad" started.

chuck1
16th March 2014, 10:43 PM
a mate of mine has flesh tunnels and when he inquired about joining navy was informed he would have to get them stitched up or cut off as they are a hazzard! still if I can get $5 to $10 dollars for some Timber 10mm by 12mm please form a orderly Que!

robo hippy
17th March 2014, 06:33 AM
It took a while to translate. The kids call them gauges and plugs here. Personally I wouldn't have them, but some like them. Be very careful about the woods you use. Never some thing like any of the rosewoods which can and will cause severe allergic reactions. I had a very lovely young woman ask me to make some wood hoops. I couldn't refuse.

robo hippy

chuck1
17th March 2014, 06:04 PM
It took a while to translate. The kids call them gauges and plugs here. Personally I wouldn't have them, but some like them. Be very careful about the woods you use. Never some thing like any of the rosewoods which can and will cause severe allergic reactions. I had a very lovely young woman ask me to make some wood hoops. I couldn't refuse.

robo hippy

funny about the Rosewood as the cataloguehe showed me had had Rosewood plugs!! and I was wondering what sort of rosewood? or was it something the manufacturer calls Rosewood!?

jimbur
17th March 2014, 06:50 PM
I think it is already more than 10 years since this "fad" started.
I wonder if they'll be keen on their kids having them. I was going to say 'allow' but I don't think the parents have much hope of stopping it other than by encouraging borers.:D

Beedeejay
17th March 2014, 10:15 PM
Well done Chuck

Personally I don't like the idea of these things, but I don't have to wear them, and it is none of my business if someone chooses to wear them, as someone who has tattoos I find it disappointing that in this day an age people can be judge mental of others by what they choose to do to their own bodies,
But that is another topic for another time,

Back to the tunnels, they look well turned and the possibilities are endless,
what finish did you use, I would have thought something along the likes of a CA finish like pen turners use so it's sealed against the timber an would help prevent bacteria?

I guess timber types would be a huge factor ie probably not black beanblack bean:rolleyes:

Cheers ben,