PDA

View Full Version : G'day from an old chippy

Charlee43
16th March 2014, 08:59 AM
G'day to all. My name is Charlee. Im a 71 year old retired yank union carpenter of 50 years. I moved to Australia in 2007 when i married a lovely young lady from Queensland. I love the girl and i love the country. I don't however like retirement much. So i have put together a small cabinet shop. It keeps me from going nuts and the wife loves the furniture we build. Ill try to post some pictures of some of the things we have built.:UHope you like the pics. Feel free to comment. Looking forward to visiting with you all.307510307511307512307513

tdrumnut
16th March 2014, 09:34 AM
Great to have you aboard Charlee, looks like you've been busy.

wolften
16th March 2014, 03:53 PM
Love your work Charlee and welcome.

JJF
17th March 2014, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the group

crowie
17th March 2014, 09:43 PM
G'Day & Welcome from the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Charlee".
There are quite a few members from the USA, Canada and across the rest of the world.....
And you've scored pretty damn well, a good lady and Queensland "God's own country".
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you keep showing off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
I'd love to see those masterpieces in there own thread each with a few photos plus some build notes to give credit were credit is due.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Perfect Pens
18th March 2014, 12:08 AM
Welcome Charlee,

Love your work and by all means show us more :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

old1955
18th March 2014, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Charlee. As you will have guessed we like pictures on this forum.:2tsup:

Christos
18th March 2014, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Old farmer
18th March 2014, 03:53 PM
You are very welcome, mate. I hope you will begin to enjoy your retirement now, what with your lady and your shed.
i know we shall if you continue to give us pics of your beautiful work, testament to your 50 years of trade skills. I admire blokes such as you.

Charlee43
20th March 2014, 11:49 AM
:B Thank you Old Farmer for you kind words. I can see that the likes of mates like you will make being a part of this forum fun and enjoyable.:)

Treecycle
20th March 2014, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Charlee. You obviously had an enjoyable working life if you still want to do it instead of retiring full time.
There seems to be a common vein that runs through members here, in that the vast majority are very friendly and totally willing to help where they can.
Love your work and hope to see much more.
Just a question, what is a union carpenter as it is not a term I have heard before.