PDA

View Full Version : Slim pair

DaveTTC
18th March 2014, 09:10 PM
It has been a long while since I got stuck into pens. My only pens have been slimlnes so may need so coaching in to other stuff too.

Anyway here is pen and pencil, silver

The timber is Bulloak from bushmiller back at the November Blue Mountains Get Together

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/18/a4u4e7u7.jpg

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

Perfect Pens
18th March 2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Dave,

These look mighty fine, well executed :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

PenTurner
18th March 2014, 10:26 PM
Didn't realize Bull Oak could look so good.:2tsup::2tsup:Amos:)

DaveTTC
18th March 2014, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys,

Must say bulloak is mighty hard

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

gawdelpus
18th March 2014, 10:59 PM
Dave .if you can turn out slims like that, then you can tackle any of the other kits with no fears :) the principles are all the same ,just different bushes for each kit , in fact most of the single barrel pens are very easy to make :) cheers~ John

MBUMIK
18th March 2014, 11:24 PM
great looking pens, i like bulloak, the darker colors give better character

if you want to try another style of then give the cigars or sieras a whirl and from there the skies the limit

MIK

DaveTTC
19th March 2014, 07:23 AM
Thanks John and MIK,

I think I have a couple of cigar kits. There was no instructions on how to do them but I should be able to work it out.

gawdelpus
19th March 2014, 07:46 AM
Thanks John and MIK,

I think I have a couple of cigar kits. There was no instructions on how to do them but I should be able to work it out.

Dave just be aware it is easy to get a little mixed up with the cigar kits as there are 4 different sizes to make, the longer blank is the nib end , both the cap and the nib end are tapered so if you dont have the bushes you will need to measure the fittings and match them with your blanks , other than that they are a nice pen and quite popular ( don't trim too much off the nib end as this can make the refill stick out too far on assembly )
Enjoy ~ John

DaveTTC
19th March 2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks John, I may post a new thread with pics of my kit for some instructions

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

Treecycle
19th March 2014, 12:54 PM
This should help you Dave.

DaveTTC
19th March 2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks Treecycle