PDA

View Full Version : Carba-tec spares

Dalboy
19th March 2014, 03:29 AM
OK hope you guys can help where is the the best place to source parts for a Carba-tec HM-1V lathe as far as I know there is no one here in the UK who supplies parts. Maybe you could tell me if this is one that is marketed under many names and is an import from China or somewhere similar.

Tangoman
19th March 2014, 05:11 AM
Any chance of a photo ? It may help with spotting very similar machines under other names.

Regards,
Cam

Dalboy
19th March 2014, 05:19 AM
Hope this helps

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/download/file.php?id=24246&t=1

Chief Tiff
19th March 2014, 07:38 AM
Look at Axminster. The version of the lathe that Carba-tec now sell is a repackaged Axminster.

Jim Carroll
19th March 2014, 09:10 AM
What parts are you after.

If the wear and tear parts , bearings , belts etc you should be able to pick up locally for your bearing supplier

Dalboy
19th March 2014, 09:39 AM
What parts are you after.

If the wear and tear parts , bearings , belts etc you should be able to pick up locally for your bearing supplier

Its the control box on the left of the lathe in the picture in the obove post.

Unfortunately this is for someone else, I did wonder whether it was the same as the one on my Axminster lathe(Below)

Treecycle
19th March 2014, 10:17 AM
If you are after the complete control box, would one from any similar size lathe not be suitable?
I am not an electrical guru so I would be interested in what others think.:B

Paul39
19th March 2014, 11:59 AM
I would remove the box and take it to a electronics repair shop, Hi Fi, motor controller, etc. The components in the controllers are off the shelf items, usually under $10. That plus the labor cost will be the repair.

Your friend might ask if the fried part or parts could be replaced with one with a higher amperage and or voltage capacity so that it might last longer than the original.

See photo of overloaded SCR - red arrow here:

http://northsideforyourhome.squarespace.com/storage/478%20amplifier%20with%20blown%20SCR_edited-1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1352145981831

Most places will want a fee just to look, usually applicable to repair fee.