PDA

View Full Version : spindles

chuck1
26th March 2014, 04:43 PM
got to work this morning and found 65 blanks awaiting to be turned.
24 as per sample and 37 special, well a bit longer and they gave me a few spare just in case. and one was needed but it due to a fault in the timber!
7 and half hours latter bundled up ready to go!
thanks for looking! and may the skew be with you!

Sawdust Maker
26th March 2014, 04:57 PM
well done

but you didn't match the cracked paint very well :p

smiife
26th March 2014, 06:48 PM
Well done chuckie, I am very jealous that you
actually do this stuff for a living............
and also that you work 7 1/2 hours a day:o
Cheers smiife:2tsup:

chuck1
26th March 2014, 08:02 PM
thanks! yeah my paint matching skills are not to good!
I don't get to turn every day at work so I help cut timber for staircases, machine handrail and assemble its a good mix to the working week! which is a 3 day week. Woodturner are not in high demand that I know of?!

smiife
26th March 2014, 08:05 PM
thanks! yeah my paint matching skills are not to good!
I don't get to turn every day at work so I help cut timber for staircases, machine handrail and assemble its a good mix to the working week! which is a 3 day week. Woodturner are not in high demand that I know of?!

Sounds good to me did you need an offsider:;
Cheers smiife:2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
27th March 2014, 07:22 AM
Damn good to see our trade still finds people who want us, need us and appreciate what we can do.

Fine effort for a days work, well done. :2tsup::2tsup:

turnerted
27th March 2014, 02:10 PM
Nice job there.
I just handed over a repetition job this morning .I had to produce 30 balls about 25mm diam and burn numbers on them. the first one took about 15 minutes after about 6 ,I was down about 7 minutes and the last one 4 minutes 20 seconds.Thats just turning and sanding the balls, not including finishing off where it was parted off and burning the numbers.Including cutting the timber for the blanks I think it probably took me as long as your job.I've got along way to go to match your standard.
Ted

chuck1
27th March 2014, 08:09 PM
smiife if your ever headed down this way let me know I could do with some company at the lathe!

dragonfly it pays to advertise! the boss has woodturning on the vans that travel about! and I was surprised when they rang me as I had been made redundant at previous job!

I take my hat off to you Ted Turning spheres that diameter, did you chuck them or turn between centres? I usually make craft wood arcs to help with shaping to see high spots. and they are on the top of posts ( 90 by 90).