27th March 2014, 06:30 PM
any one collect dial indicators...

greg_n
27th March 2014, 06:43 PM
any one collect dial indicators...

Nope :no:

Gavin Newman
27th March 2014, 06:44 PM
I don't know about "collect" - to me that implies acquiring older models. I seem to accumulate them though, mostly Mitutoyo, Starrets & Moore and Wright in metric & imperial ranging in stroke from 10mm to 6" and with dials from 1" to 4".

Ueee
27th March 2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah accumulate is the word. They just seem to breed in the drawer sometimes. There was a dial collection thread, I can't remember what it was called.

Ew

simonl
27th March 2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah accumulate is the word. They just seem to breed in the drawer sometimes. There was a dial collection thread, I can't remember what it was called.

Ew

I think there may be an unhealthy collection of such devices over in W.A. from memory……. :cool:

Simon

Ueee
27th March 2014, 08:03 PM
Here we go http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=150270&highlight=dial+indicator+collection

Ew

welder
27th March 2014, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have an Australian made dial indicator ?

Stustoys
27th March 2014, 08:16 PM
I tend to collect them.... one of these days I'm going to fix them up lol.........hadnt happened yet.

Stuart

Stustoys
27th March 2014, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have an Australian made dial indicator ?
I think so.. but if its the one I'm thinking of its a basket case.

markgray
27th March 2014, 08:47 PM
Can't say I collect them they just seem to follow me home. I have a vintage australian large face (approx 10cm) dial indicator. Unfortunately I am away with work and can't remember the brand name. Will post a photo next week when I get home.
By the way is it possible to have to many?

Gavin Newman
27th March 2014, 09:30 PM
By the way is it possible to have too many?

No

Stustoys
27th March 2014, 10:09 PM
No
What he said. :D

Anorak Bob
27th March 2014, 11:04 PM
I used to have far more than I have now and I still have too many. Probably time to offload the excess.

Ueee
27th March 2014, 11:13 PM
I used to have far more than I have now and I still have too many. Probably time to offload the excess.
Its nice to have them but i find i use about 4 or 5 regularly and thats about it. The rest sit in the drawer feeling lonely. I'd rather collect easier to store things like lathes:rolleyes::doh:.

Ew

Stustoys
27th March 2014, 11:44 PM
Its nice to have them but i find i use about 4 or 5 regularly and thats about it.
You dont want to know which one is my regular user ;)

I'd rather collect easier to store things like lathes:rolleyes::doh:.
Well at least they should be easier to find....... unless you take to hiding them in a box ;)

Stuart

Michael G
28th March 2014, 07:04 AM
Its nice to have them but I find I use about 4 or 5 regularly and thats about it.

Agreed. I have more problems with accumulating micrometers and other similar measuring gear. I have things I would use once a year if that but they are rare or cool, so not going anywhere.

Michael

eskimo
28th March 2014, 07:57 AM
No

What he said. :D

you guys sure?...

I have a Funji that I thought was better off in the hands of a collector...or someone who really likes them...or has more room than I

eskimo
28th March 2014, 08:02 AM
well what do you know...azzrock has one too

eskimo
28th March 2014, 08:12 AM
Here we go http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=150270&highlight=dial+indicator+collection

Ew

there are some serious collections of dial indicators on those pages Ueee...but what gets me is that no one collects them......

azzrock
28th March 2014, 09:51 AM
you guys sure?...

I have a Funji that I thought was better off in the hands of a collector...or someone who really likes them...or has more room than I

hay eskimo. how are you. can you please post a photo of your Funji.

azzrock
28th March 2014, 10:09 AM
Agreed. I have more problems with accumulating micrometers and other similar measuring gear. I have things I would use once a year if that but they are rare or cool, so not going anywhere.

Michael

Once a year not bad. easily worth having
aaron

eskimo
28th March 2014, 10:26 AM
hay eskimo. how are you. can you please post a photo of your Funji.

here it is azzrock

still in original cardboard box.

azzrock
28th March 2014, 11:23 AM
here it is azzrock

still in original cardboard box.

ah that one ya that's my faverate one.I haven't used mine. I saw one at market not long ago but brought something eles. thanks

Ueee
28th March 2014, 11:51 AM
That's a beauty Eskimo.

I may not label myself as a collector, but I sure am interested. how much are you asking for it?

Ew

eskimo
29th March 2014, 09:39 AM
That's a beauty Eskimo.

I may not label myself as a collector, but I sure am interested. how much are you asking for it?

Ew

well I was gunna give it away to a collector...but we dont seem to have any...well not yet anyways.

I only paid $10.00 for it plus auspost from down reynella way to 5076

Incidently the indicator is very smooth in operation...I would say smoother than my mitutoyo