PDA

View Full Version : ozzie tool supplier

tanii51
1st April 2014, 09:22 AM
has any one used this company http://www.cutting-edge.net.au/about-us-1-w.asp im looking to upgrade some of my carbide tool holders to something a bit better than the elcheapos
john

Ueee
1st April 2014, 09:38 AM
At the prices i would say they would be the same crap from asia but with all the joys of running a business in Aus added to the price.

If you want quality go for known brands, i use Iscar but there are plenty more. FWIW i think my last MWLNR cost me about $80.

Ew

andrew_mx83
1st April 2014, 07:17 PM
I will come out of forum retirement very briefly to share that these guys are now my go-to tooling supplier.
The end mills are Aussie made and cut fantastically well
The toolholders and inserts ive bought are all Mitsubishi brand and make my other tools seem like toys by comparison.
I dont think theres much left, but Have a look in the special offers page. I bought a bunch of Mitsubishi indexable boring bars @$15ea and heaps of inserts @$2ea recently! Crazy crazy cheap!
The 16mm mits bar is nuts... i can bore steel with 7mm(!) DOC using a mits cermet insert. My hafco 20mm bar hasnt been used since, the mits 16mm is far far better.
They also have Mitsubishi carbide tipped drills on special which are almost mindblowing how quick they cut.

Not to mention the service -these guys really know their stuff and always take the time to sit down and share the knowledge. A++++ on this front

Back to working (and lurking) for me, just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Cutting Edge. Apologies to those who have unanswered pm's, ill get there one day. I might get some sleep one day too, 4am finish yesterday :/

tanii51
1st April 2014, 07:36 PM
thanks andrew i was wondering what the strange numbers on the carbide tips were ...... mitsubishi thanks
john

tinkera
1st April 2014, 07:59 PM
I've been using Mitsubishi inserts for years at home, GREAT products. Also love their parting off tool with inserts, (it's nice to part off under power feed.) In Adelaide from Metal Cutting Technology, also in all other states.
Hope this helps.
ian.

Ropetangler
2nd April 2014, 02:23 PM
I will come out of forum retirement very briefly to share that these guys are now my go-to tooling supplier.
The end mills are Aussie made and cut fantastically well
The toolholders and inserts ive bought are all Mitsubishi brand and make my other tools seem like toys by comparison.
I dont think theres much left, but Have a look in the special offers page. I bought a bunch of Mitsubishi indexable boring bars @$15ea and heaps of inserts @$2ea recently! Crazy crazy cheap!
The 16mm mits bar is nuts... i can bore steel with 7mm(!) DOC using a mits cermet insert. My hafco 20mm bar hasnt been used since, the mits 16mm is far far better.
They also have Mitsubishi carbide tipped drills on special which are almost mindblowing how quick they cut.

Not to mention the service -these guys really know their stuff and always take the time to sit down and share the knowledge. A++++ on this front

Back to working (and lurking) for me, just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Cutting Edge. Apologies to those who have unanswered pm's, ill get there one day. I might get some sleep one day too, 4am finish yesterday :/

That sounds like a very good thumbs up for this company.:2tsup: It's great to hear of good service, really knowledgeable sales staff, great products and (sometimes) really cheap product as well. Thanks Andrew,
Rob

Ueee
18th April 2014, 01:45 AM
Well the holders they have now certainly are not Mitsu's.

The quality is ok but certainly not great, the service was the same. I ordered a SCLCR and a SSDCN, and marked them to be sent with aus post as i may not have been home when they were delivered. The SSDCN was not in stock, i was first told it would be 3-4 weeks away, but then today i have another call saying it would be at least 4 months and did i want a refund on it. The SCLCR was sent via toll and of course i was not home when they tried to deliver it.

Ew