PDA

View Full Version : Problem Solver !!

Dareen
6th April 2014, 08:50 AM
Having just read the "60 second rule" which I reckon is a must in my workshop, because as soon as I rush-on I find I spend ages looking for whatever I did not put back in it's place and now, this is another quote that has stood by me.

Read many years ago "That no problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking" which was written by the Philosopher Voltaire.
So far it has worked for me 100% and I have tried it with some 'doozies' on the way through. Might take months sometimes but it still works.

Cheers, Guys and Gals,
Fred

FenceFurniture
6th April 2014, 09:01 AM
Yep, no doubt about it. Not only does the 60 second rule save time, but it saves frustration as well.

I also have a ~5 minute rule. Every hour or two through a project I whip around the shop and put everything away/back in place, unless I'm about to use it.

BobL
6th April 2014, 10:28 AM
Yep, no doubt about it. Not only does the 60 second rule save time, but it saves frustration as well.
I also have a ~5 minute rule. Every hour or two through a project I whip around the shop and put everything away/back in place, unless I'm about to use it.

Sounds very organised. When I can't find something I have to stop and thats when I start putting things away. I end up finding half a dozen things I lost in the last couple of days but usually not the thing I'm looking for.

Regarding the OP. - I often juts park problems and move onto something else and some health issues they end up resolving themselves.

jimbur
6th April 2014, 11:59 AM
I'm more like FF. Some of my hard to find things are only found when I've bought a replacement.:B

I_wanna_Shed
6th April 2014, 12:36 PM
Hi Fred, what is the 60 second rule?

I do similar to what Brett refers to. Spend the last 10 minutes of the day cleaning up. I'd say 2 out of 3 times it happens, but it makes a hell of a difference.

dabbler
6th April 2014, 01:06 PM
No comment.

FenceFurniture
6th April 2014, 02:57 PM
Hi Fred, what is the 60 second rule?http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=183355&highlight=60+rule