PDA

View Full Version : Toy Garage (Petrol Station)

Pages : [1] 2

Wombat2
15th June 2005, 04:59 PM
I'm looking for plans for a garage to build. Suitable for matchbox type cars.

David L.

Waldo
17th June 2005, 05:14 PM
G'day Wombat2,

I may be able to help you out there.

My Grandad, when I was a little bloke, made me a service station with a garage. Built over two levels, the ground level had two bowsers, a lift to carry the cars up to the 2nd level with ramp access and the 2nd level pulled out so I could get into the ground level. It fitted a stack of match box cars.

Long story short, I'm going up to Brisbane in a couple of weeks and while up there I'm getting the plans and templates to the toys my Grandad built for me so I can make them for charity.

If the garage plans are there I'll see what I can do to get you a copy.

Wombat2
17th June 2005, 06:04 PM
Sounds just what I am looking for - my grandson in car mad and his plastic one fell apart in about 6 months. Thought I'd make a wooden one like I had as a kid and what you discribe will fill the bill.

Cheers

David L

Waldo
20th July 2005, 07:10 PM
G'day Wombat2,

Here's the plans for the toy garage that I promised for you. :D

Due to the size I've had to reduce them to 45% of size and save the files as low res PDFs, if they are hard to read then let me know and if you are OK with it, give me your email address and I'll send the files at a much better resolution.

Glad to have helped.

Thanks,
Chris!

Wombat2
31st July 2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks Chris - that is perfect - just what I was after. I've got until Christmas now to get it made :D

Challenge
16th August 2005, 06:30 PM
Dear Waldo
I happened to come across your Toy garage PDF files. I have been looking for plans for months. I printed out but cannot make out some of the dimensions. Could you please send a copy with better resolution.

Kind regards

Andrew

[email protected]

Waldo
16th August 2005, 06:34 PM
G'day Challenge,

They're on their way to you now by email. Total size 2.5Mb.

brucen
2nd September 2005, 03:53 PM
Waldo

Could I bother you for a better set if these plans. My boy just saw the low res ones and asked for one!

Cheers
Bruce

Waldo
2nd September 2005, 04:18 PM
G'day Brucen,

Send me your email and I'll gladly send the plans to you. :D

brucen
2nd September 2005, 04:23 PM
G'day Brucen,

Send me your email and I'll gladly send the plans to you. :D
Excellent, thanks Sir! Email on it's way via PM..

Cheers
Bruce

waynea
7th September 2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Waldo,

I am interested in the High-res version as well. I just PM'd you.

Thanks
Wayne

waynea
7th September 2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks Waldo, Received perfectly.

Cheers
Wayne

PS. Once I get my posts up to 50... I'll be able to give you a greenie. :D

Kiwigirl
18th November 2006, 08:00 AM
Good Morning, Could I trouble you to send me the high res pdf to me for the Toy Garage petrol station.

I would really like to make if for my nephew.

please send to me a PM

Thank you very very much.

Ashore
18th November 2006, 11:24 AM
Hi Waldo can I get a set for the grandsons as well :D will Pm the address

Rgds

riddles
12th December 2006, 11:45 PM
Hi Waldo

Just found the plans you have posted and was wondering if you could possibly send a copy to me at some stage.

Thanks
Michael

:)

[email protected]

Carry Pine
1st January 2007, 09:16 PM
Waldo,
thank you for posting the plans. Can read the posted version. Thanks again.

Carry Pine

WFF
7th July 2007, 12:41 PM
G'day Wombat2,

I may be able to help you out there.

My Grandad, when I was a little bloke, made me a service station with a garage. Built over two levels, the ground level had two bowsers, a lift to carry the cars up to the 2nd level with ramp access and the 2nd level pulled out so I could get into the ground level. It fitted a stack of match box cars.

Long story short, I'm going up to Brisbane in a couple of weeks and while up there I'm getting the plans and templates to the toys my Grandad built for me so I can make them for charity.

If the garage plans are there I'll see what I can do to get you a copy.
I would love to get hold of your garage plans too, I am not very handy with the computer so I am not sure if I can get them without annoying you, thanks

Warren

peterA
11th September 2007, 03:40 PM
Hi Waldo,
I just found your posting re model garage. Could you please forward me the high resolution copies. My-E mail is [email protected]
Thanks,
Peter

Linuxsurfer
21st September 2007, 08:47 AM
Hello Waldo, Ive just found your garage plans are you able to email the hi res version to [email protected]

Regards Iain

kaeita
1st October 2007, 10:51 PM
Hi Waldo,
I'd love a copy of the high res plans, if you're still sending them out?

Thanks,

Kae

Eli
10th October 2007, 08:47 AM
I love those garage plans Waldo. Do you have others? You should republish if they're from a book, they are fantastic, I've got two boys, I'd get a copy. (trips over piles of broken plastic toys on the way to the computer)

Waldo
10th October 2007, 03:54 PM
G'day Eli,

Glad you like the plans. They're from a book Wooden Toy making Step by Step, written by Richard Irving. You might be hard pressed to find a copy as it was published in 1961 by Frederick Warne & Co Ltd Pty.

But you never know your luck, just did a search at Alibris.com and there are no copies there.

LeftyJim
10th October 2007, 11:33 PM
Hi Waldo,

I'd also like to get a hi-res copy of the plans.
I've got a young lad who would be over the moon with the garage...

Thanks,
James

Burnsy
10th October 2007, 11:40 PM
Has anyone got any pictures of the garages they have built from these plans? Would be great to see everyones interpretations and personal touches.

Waldo
10th October 2007, 11:50 PM
Hi Waldo,

I'd also like to get a hi-res copy of the plans.
I've got a young lad who would be over the moon with the garage...

Thanks,
James

G'day James,

PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

Waldo
10th October 2007, 11:54 PM
Has anyone got any pictures of the garages they have built from these plans? Would be great to see everyones interpretations and personal touches.

G'day,

What Burnsy said.

Sadly I no longer have the garage that my Grandad made for me years ago, and given that I've been emailing the plans left, right and centre I'd like to see what at least one of you has done with the plans.

Come the right time I'll make a garage for one of my kids from the same plans that my Grandad used to make mine - which will make it all that more special.

:2tsup:

FXST01
11th October 2007, 08:23 AM
Waldo,

Can i be a bother and get a copy of these plans as well please?

[email protected]

Thanks
Eddie

Eli
12th October 2007, 08:47 AM
G'day Eli,

Glad you like the plans. They're from a book Wooden Toy making Step by Step, written by Richard Irving. You might be hard pressed to find a copy as it was published in 1961 by Frederick Warne & Co Ltd Pty.

But you never know your luck, just did a search at Alibris.com and there are no copies there.

I just put a search for the name and author into google and came up with four copies. Not too expensive either! I'm going over to pick one up this morning.

smokey2
12th October 2007, 09:37 PM
Still got the toy garage I received from a long dead rel sitting in my garage at home. A rectagular box with a gable roof. Used to have a slated front door wich slid upwould 2 bowsers out the front - tall with a round clock facetop. 1940's style and would be easy to build. I will post some photos if someone is interested in seeing it.

Waldo
12th October 2007, 11:16 PM
I will post some photos if someone is interested in seeing it.

:yes: :2tsup:

Sharnbrook
27th October 2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Waldo,

I have just been discussing what to make my grandson for Christmas, and my wife suggested he would probably like a garage for his cars. I said that I would do a www search, and Bingo, here I am, first attempt!!

I should be most grateful if you would send me a copy of the hi-res plans by email.

Kind regards, and thanks in anticipation,

Mike

Valerie48
18th November 2007, 02:39 PM
Hi there, just read your site and would really love it if someone could help me out with plans to this service station. I also had one that my dad had made my son and would love to make one for grandson. Hope someone can help.

Geebung
28th April 2008, 11:12 PM

Voila...click here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=727706#post727706)to see my garage WIP.

ralphg
7th July 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if you are still distributing the Hi Res plans for the garage. I would love to make this for my son for Xmas.

Many thanks

Ralph

weisyboy
7th July 2008, 08:02 PM
a friends son is turing 2 in a month or so this might make a good present.

Waldo
7th July 2008, 10:55 PM
Ralfg and Weisyboy, PM me your email addresses and I'll send you the plans.

saffron
18th August 2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Waldo

I've just discovered your thread and would love it if you could send me a copy of the toy garage plans. My email address is: [email protected]

Thanks very much

erazor
29th August 2008, 03:39 AM
Hi everyone,

It's taken me almost 76 years to lodge my first post - they say 'better late than never'!
Having recently built dolls' houses for my grandaughters, my son thought he'd commission a garage for my grandson Joshy. Not being very imaginative, I turned to Google & definitely hit the jackpot when I found Waldo's plans.

I, too, am a very slow worker. It took me a month to finish, but it was great fun (I hope Joshy gets as much fun with it as I did!)

I used an old shoelace for the bowser hose. Drilled a 3mm hole right through the bowser & a 6mm hole half way through, I then fed the knotted lace through & plugged the hole with 6mm dowel.

I used a bolt for the winder stop. A washer fixed by a nut at the head end of the bolt facilitated pulling the bolt away from the tower wall. I needed to grind the nut to allow enough handle clearance when the bolt was pushed in. To limit the bolt's withdrawal I used two locking nuts on the inside.

I've posted a couple of jpegs.

For the curious, the initials JWG on one of the bowsers are not of a new brand of petrol, they are of my grandson Joshy!

On behalf of Joshy & all the other delighted little grandsons (contented grand dads too) who have benefitted from Waldo’s generosity a big thankyou.

Ray

Waldo
29th August 2008, 11:04 AM
Only too happy to help out Erazor. :2tsup:

Saffron, the plans are coming your way.

jodi
3rd September 2008, 06:38 AM
would you be able to send me a copy also. cheers
Jodi

[email protected]

jodi
3rd September 2008, 07:51 PM
thank you chris

Waldo
3rd September 2008, 09:45 PM

chapman
4th September 2008, 11:40 PM
hi waldo
would it be possible to send me plans for toy garage not alot available in the u k
thank you
e-mail address [email protected]

Waldo
4th September 2008, 11:44 PM
G'day Chapman,

I'll send them to you tomorrow as they're on my other Mac. :2tsup:

Baboon1972
6th September 2008, 02:22 PM
G'day Wombat2,

Due to the size I've had to reduce them to 45% of size and save the files as low res PDFs, if they are hard to read then let me know and if you are OK with it, give me your email address and I'll send the files at a much better resolution.

Glad to have helped.

Thanks,
Chris!

Hey Chris, would love it if you could send me the hi res plans.... [email protected]

Cheers!

erazor
7th September 2008, 09:09 PM
After making Waldo’s garage I realised it was ideal for children of over 6 years of age but had some features vulnerable to the rough handling of 3 – 4 year olds, namely the flagpole, windows & elevator. So I have put the garage away for a later date & have built another simpler & hopefully hardier one that is probably more suitable for my 3 year old grandson until he graduates to the more sophisticated model. I have added the details. If anyone is interested, I will email templates of the signs. They are in a Microsoft Publisher file. My email address is [email protected] ([email protected])

Parts (measurements in centimetres)

Length

Width

Thickness
A
Base

B
Roof

C
Ramp

D
Divider

E
R garage wall

F
L garage wall

G
Ramp side

H
Ramp support

I
Entrance

J
Bowser holder

K
Bowser (2)

L
Dowel

M
Shoelace

Instructions
General
Aside from the dowelling I used MDF for all parts
Cut & dress A, E, G,H & K to exact dimensions.
Cut J to exact length, but allow at least 6mm extra width to prevent splitting while test fitting bowser. Dress J to exact size when you are happy with the bowser seating.
Cut all other items allowing about 3mm tolerance for shaping to fit.
I predrilled all brad holes, initially to 9mm for fitting out (when I used 12mm brads) & then to 2cm for final assembly (when I used 25mm brads for all parts except H & J ).
Complete the painting of all parts just prior to final assembly.
After final assembly fill any noticeable gaps with ’Spackle’ & repaint where necessary.
Detail
1. Drill holes in the base to accommodate E & G. Drive small brads into base so they just appear on the upper surface of the base, sit the base on a smooth surface, place E in its correct position on the base & using a mallet, gently tap E on to the brads. Remove E & drill a few mm into the brad imprints. Do the same with G.
2. With E & G temporarily fixed in position, shape & fit D & using small brads temporarily fix it in position too.
3. Shape & fit F
4. Remove F, hold it against the inside of the ramp side & mark the ramp slope on it.
5. Glue & brad the ramp support in position.
6. Temporarily re-tack F in position
7. Shape the front (bottom) end of the ramp so that it sits neatly on the base.
8. Shape & temporarily fit the roof.
9. Mark D where you need to shape it to accommodate the ramp so that there will be a neat fitting where the ramp meets the roof. You will need to temporarily dismantle to modify D.
10. Shape the top end of the ramp to neatly fit the roof & adjust its width as necessary..
11. Shape & fit the roof. & using small brads temporarily fix it in position.
12. Shape & temporarily fit the entrance. Make the entrance top 29mm & the sides 13mm wide.
13. Before dismantling, mark the left edge of the base where the front edge of the ramp meets it & mark the right edge of the ramp at the front edge of the entrance.
14. On the base, chamfer from these marks to the front corners. Also chamfer from the left front corner of the base 7cm along the front edge and along the entire back edge of the base. I used a plane for the back edge chamfer. For the other chamfers I used chisel, rasp & sanding block.
15. Dismantle, remove all the small brads, drill holes deep enough to accommodate the longer brads (to ensure the MDF doesn’t split!).
16. Shape & fit the bowsers, numbering them & the bowser holder holes to match. I made a tenon saw cut all round the bowser 1.8 cm from the top. To fit the ‘hose’ (shoe lace) I drilled a 3mm hole all the way through the side, then from the left side for half the depth I enlarged the hole to 6mm. I drilled a 3mm hole obliquely upwards on the front of the bowser to accommodate the ‘nozzle’ (crimped end of shoe lace). Thread the lace through the hole, tie a knot in it & with the nozzle, adjust the knot’s position so that the hose hangs suitably. Tighten the knot , apply Aquadhere to it & pull it firmly into the hole. Apply Aquadhere to a short piece of 6mm dowel & tap it firmly in behind the lace. When dry cut & sand it.
17. Paint all parts. I used white on the inside areas to better reflect the light.
18. All the signs in this file are the actual size I used. To apply the ‘Disabled Parking’ & ULP signs, I stuck a small piece of carbon paper to the undersurface of the sign & traced it on to the base & then painted the ‘Disabled Parking’ sign & used a fine Artline pen for the ULP sign. To apply all the other signs, I stuck a big enough area of masking tape on to the part & stuck the sign on top of it. Using a single edged razor blade I cut deep enough into the shape to also cut the masking tape (make sure you cut the inside of the circle or letters first!). Remove the sign & then you can remove the cut pieces of masking tape. Apply two coats of paint to the exposed areas. When dry remove the remaining masking tape. To do the ’P’ sign do the white circle first & then repeat the process with the ’P’. For the lines in the car park I used white correction tape & then coated the lines with white paint for protection.
19. Glue & nail the garage parts together.
20. Glue & nail the bowser base in place, followed by the bowsers. Carefully check to see that the bowsers are vertical!
21. Using a small nail punch, tap all the brads in place, fill any noticeable gaps with ’Spackle’ & paint where necessary.

erazor
7th September 2008, 10:42 PM
Oops!! Detail 16. should read - "& with the nozzle in place"

AJGibbons
9th September 2008, 04:30 AM
Waldo,

I would also love to make this for my son in time for Christmas!

I would really appreciate it if you emailed me the plans!

My address is [email protected]

Many thanks!

ratchet
11th September 2008, 04:06 PM
Waldo,

I would really appreciate it if you emailed me the plans!

My address is [email protected]

Many thanks

wheeloftime
11th October 2008, 03:30 PM
i just pm ed you with my email thanks.

ibcallus
11th October 2008, 10:12 PM
H Waldo,
found your toy garage plans and like them very much, could you send me a copy of them please,
My Email address [email protected] Thank you very much,
Brian.

alexfooty
21st October 2008, 06:20 PM
Good morning from UK.

Any chance of sending plans by email. Need to be able to read dimensions so I can scale them up a touch. Many thanks

[email protected]

Waldo
21st October 2008, 06:22 PM
G'day Alexfooty,

No worries. As soon as the Mac that they're on is finished doing its thing I'll email them to you. :2tsup:

Aussie_Mick
22nd October 2008, 09:37 AM
Looks good:2tsup:. Can I get a copy of the Hi-Res plans as well. [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Murtu
25th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Would it be possible to send me your high resolution plans for your toy garage. Thepictures sent in are really great. Thanks for your valuable contribution to us all.
thank you
e-mail address r ([email protected])[email protected]

marecllo_lippi
12th November 2008, 07:12 PM
Hi Waldo

Just found the plans you have posted and was wondering if you could possibly send a copy to me at some stage.

Thanks
MichaelHi Waldo and everybody here too.:):)
I'm a new boy here and I like diecasts at 1/43 , I saw this topic... and I Just saw and found the plans you have posted it looks great ...
Well , I 'wonder if you could possibly send to me a copy of your high resolution plans for your toy garage. And maybe if you can , of the pictures too , cos someone told it was very useful to do the job ....
[email protected]

Thanks for al the tips l:rolleyes:
Friendly...Marcello

Murtu
12th November 2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Waldo,

Would it be possible to send me your high resolution plans for your toy garage. The pictures sent in are really great. Thanks for your valuable contribution to us all.
thank you
e-mail address r ([email protected])[email protected] ([email protected])

martstb
16th November 2008, 08:22 AM
Hi

I would really love to have Waldos plans for making the wood garage
how do I contact him?

Thanks

Martin:U

martstb
16th November 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Waldo

Realise everyone asking for your wood garage plans but would you mind sending me a copy as well

Thanks in advance

Martin:U

PS my e mail is

[email protected]

loochcam
16th December 2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Waldo,

Would it be possible to send me your high resolution plans for your toy garage.

thanks

[email protected]

Brooks
30th December 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi Waldo,
The garage plans look great! If possible, can you please email me a copy?
Thanks,
Brooks.

Brooks
30th December 2008, 10:50 PM
:) My email address is [email protected]

Cheers.

Alan23
8th January 2009, 11:54 PM
Hi Waldo,
love the look of the garage plans and I think I've still got just enough time to make one for my little boy's birthday (in june!).

Hope you don't mind me pestering you for a set of the hi-res pdfs

Cheers

Alan

ps I'll pm my email to you :U

Tung tied
20th January 2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Waldo,

Sorry to disturb but is it possible to get a copy of your plans as well. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about this anymore as my 1st son is now 23 and doesn't play with toy cars now. But now I find myself with wife 2.0 and small son 2.0 so toy cars are back on the agenda.

My email address is [email protected]

Many, many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Bryan

Waldo
20th January 2009, 01:01 PM
Email sent to you Tung Tied. :2tsup:

rissberger
2nd February 2009, 08:33 AM
Waldo, would you mind sending me a copy of your plans as well? My son is turning 2 in April and he LOVES his cars! My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

madmumma
25th February 2009, 12:29 PM
This looks great. May I please have a copy of the templets.
[email protected]

madmumma
25th February 2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Waldo

Just found the plans you posted, could i trouble you for a copy of the Hi res plans.

[email protected]

Thanks Tracey

Kees
20th March 2009, 09:28 PM
Hi Waldo can I get a set of the high res plans for the grandsons as well
[email protected]

wallms
29th March 2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Waldo,

Saw them make a toy garage on better homes and gardens decided I would give it a go and found this thread

If I could get a copy of the plans that would be greatly appreciated

Email is [email protected]

Thanks very much!!
Matt

pauldbeginer
29th March 2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Waldo

Could I also ask you for a copy of the high res plans for the toy garage. I would have loved one of these when I was a kid, and my son loves his cars and will be over the moon (plan to get it made for his birthday in July).

my email is [email protected]

Many regards
Paul :)

Bill_WHU
18th April 2009, 02:36 AM
would some one be kind enough to send me the high res plans of this please, have just seen the completed pictures of some and think they are great, the little'un would love one.

Bill

e-mail = [email protected]

schaf
7th May 2009, 06:23 AM
Hi Waldo,

New to toy making and have been trolling this section looking for a plan just like your garage. Grandsons birthday in October.
Could I request a email copy of your high res garage plans.

My email : [email protected]

very much appreciated

Terry

jcw
14th May 2009, 11:05 AM
Hello Waldo

Could I join the long list of those asking for the high resolution version of the toy garage pattern. My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Jim

G'day Wombat2,

Glad to have helped.

Thanks,
Chris!

rosegarden
17th May 2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Chris - that is perfect - just what I was after. I've got until Christmas now to get it made :D
HI
I'm going to attempt to make my grandson a garage for his toy cars. Can you please send me some plans
Thankyou:roll:

Waldo
17th May 2009, 10:58 PM
G'day Rosegarden,

If you could PM me your email then I'd be happy to send the plans to you.

rosegarden
18th May 2009, 08:29 AM
G'day Rosegarden,

If you could PM me your email then I'd be happy to send the plans to you.

Hi
Thanks for your help. My email is [email protected]

s.m.u.r.f
6th June 2009, 08:59 PM
G'day Wombat2,

Glad to have helped.

Thanks,
Chris!

Waldo,

Would love the high res plans for this - I've PM'd my email address

Thanks a million

Ausworkshop
6th June 2009, 10:08 PM
Poor Waldo, must be e-mailing plans all over the place.

I was just wondering if there is some way of posting a link to a place where you can downldoad the plans yourself from this website or another. Seems silly to have to e-mail it to everyone who asks.

I guess the file size is too large or something, must be an easier way.

Waldo
6th June 2009, 11:48 PM
Smurf, I'll email the plans to you on Monday as they're on another Mac.

Andrew, you're not wrong. :2tsup: They'll soon be going into the Library in the forum here with a link telling where.

Jcw, I'll email you as well.

Sorry for the delay folks, I don't know if I'm Arthur or Martha these last few weeks.

watson
8th June 2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks to Waldo the Toy Garage Plans now reside HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com.au/video/Toy%20Petrol%20Station%20Plans.pdf). They will be transferred to the Library in due course.

crowie
4th December 2009, 06:58 PM
Thank you Waldo for helping so many people with a copy of the plans by email.
As a new Woodwork Forums member I'm hoping you can still email a copy to me at [email protected] THANK YOU, Cheers, Crowie

Waldo
4th December 2009, 07:14 PM
G'day Crowie,

Email sent. :2tsup:

Fusilier
24th April 2010, 10:55 AM
Hello Waldo, Googled toy garage plans and found this thread and then remembered I was a member on the forum too so many thanks!

N&P
9th May 2010, 07:54 PM
Waldo

Great Garage - it reminds me a lot of the garage my dad made for me as child - which was a favorite toy of mine and the 3 little fellas who had it after me!

At the risk of being boring I have PM'd you for a copy of the better res plan's as I am not the most practical person in the world and need all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Phill

simonwa
16th May 2010, 12:21 AM
Gday, just found this forum today, is there any chance I could also get a copy emailed to me? Will send my address in a PM.
Cheers.
Simon

Fusilier
2nd August 2010, 02:24 PM
Hi All,

I just wanted to post some pics of the progress on the garage using the above plans from Waldo. Thanks for providing the plans on the forum.:2tsup:

I have made some slight changes. Used 6mm MDF instead of plywood and 9mm MDF for the windows. No glazing but need a lip for the roof to sit on. All nailed with 1mm x 10mm BH brads, pre drilled pilot holes with hand drill and used MDF glue.

Didn't include the operating lift aspect as it will get broken and I would have to fix it! Wanted a more robust flag pole so took it right down to the base board glued and tacked in from underneath - tell kids it's the fireman's pole :wink:

Used wooden beads drilled out on the posts and simply glued to dowel for the pumps. Made the pump stand totally removable to aid painting.

Two coats of undercoat now applied. More finishing to go.

Waldo
2nd August 2010, 04:27 PM
Looking good. :2tsup:

My garage survived for years without ever getting broken, in particular the lift, but I looked after my toys. (except for smashing my cars, making volcanoes with real fire etc. :U )

Blue-deviled
2nd August 2010, 11:04 PM
Inspired posting, thanks Waldo!

best,
BD.

Fusilier
3rd August 2010, 01:54 PM
Looking good. :2tsup:

My garage survived for years without ever getting broken, in particular the lift, but I looked after my toys. (except for smashing my cars, making volcanoes with real fire etc. :U )

I gave it to the 4 year old and 2 year old prior to painting to "test" and they broke the flagpole off straight away hence the design modification. As to the lift I can see them over-winding it and think it would be a real rat bag to get inside to rethread it without a removable roof.

I'll just be happy if the 2 year old does stand on the carpark section :doh:

Waldo
3rd August 2010, 03:49 PM
A bit of R&D saves hassles later on. :2tsup:

Fusilier
30th August 2010, 08:47 PM
Here are the finished pics of the garage. I went a bit over the top and got hold of a 1:24 garage interior kit to add a few extras :;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4936926558_d1d6f701cf.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4936359649_2f7937323c.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4936352673_fc5386033d.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4936933322_4c377c9fe6.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4936961626_6c06f83bd1.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4936366687_14e811d04b.jpg

The carpark on the top is lined out with wet and dry sand paper for texture and adhered using latex carpet glue which is working well. The painting was two coats of MDF undercoat followed by acrylic enamels and then topped off with two coats of clear varnish to seal it all.

The transfers and stickers were from a variety of sources, many coming as water slide transfers from the garage accessory kit and others from a range of Australian period posters used for model railways. The rest were simply printed out on the computer or in some cases cut from stationary!

All in all it was an incredibly fun project. My wife did the painting and I did the transfers etc. The showroom section has mirrored card stuck to the walls.

Waldo
30th August 2010, 10:41 PM
The stickers remind of the garage (where these plans come from) that my late Grandad made for me many years ago.

I like the attention to the detail. :2tsup:

Matador
30th August 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi, Wombat2 . My name Graham I'm new to this still trying to find my way around in here . I see you are after some toy garages plans I hope these are alright . I use to make a lot of toys . Now I only make if some body wants them .

tull
28th September 2010, 08:02 AM
Some great garages on here.

My uncle built me a garage like the one in the attached picture. Unfortunately he died a few years back and now that I have little boy of my own I would love to be able to replicate the one in the photo. Sadly the one I had was donated to charity when my parents emigrated to America.

I wondered if anyone thinks that the plans on here formed the basis for his design. I've searched all over but cant find anything like it. I reckon this would have been built around 1980/81.

I would really appreciate any advice on how I might achieve my aim

crowie
28th September 2010, 09:13 AM
Hi, Wombat2 . My name Graham I'm new to this still trying to find my way around in here . I see you are after some toy garages plans I hope these are alright . I use to make a lot of toys . Now I only make if some body wants them .
===========================================================
G'Day Graham and for the Toy Garage Plan, thank you.
I too enjoy making wooden toys and then love to give them away [it's sure a joy to see the kids play with what you made].
Please if you able to, post some on the old plans as I've found it so difficult to find wooden toys plans [I usually just opt for something simple trying to work off a picture or photo].
Enjoy the forum.
Cheers, Crowie

Matador
1st October 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi , Crowie
Yes some of my toys I make from photos and pictures and hard to work out some of them . I do have a few toy plans trucks , fire engines , prams and wooden bike and lots more you are welcome to the plans just let me know want sore of plans that you after I'll let you know if I got them or not .
Regard Graham .

tylersmum
3rd October 2010, 10:33 AM
hi my friends looking to build my wee boy a toy garage and was wondering if someone could send me plans for one many thanks
tracy x :U
email add is [email protected]
ta

the finnsta
3rd October 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi Waldo
I'm another Grandad wanting to build a toy garage for his pal.
Could you please send me an email of your plans, I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Peter

the finnsta
3rd October 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Waldo.
I think I probably needed to list my email add for you to send the plans.
It is [email protected]
Sorry for the mix up.
Regards, Peter